Music rules

Make a joyful noise...
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Music rules

Post by millipede » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:57 pm

Music rules! right? :)

I created this section as a place to discuss and share Christian music because I believe music is powerful... and worth discussing.
Once I get in gear and work on all the pages of the website, there will be a section with playlists people should hopefully be able to enjoy. Once that's setup, I'll make sure there's a link here and hopefully elsewhere.

For this section, it's pretty simple. Feel free to start a new discussion, or reply to a current one, about Christian music. Lots of possibilities. Share Christian bands you're interested in... favorite songs... discuss styles... discuss music as a part of worship... you get the idea.

For anyone that might be a musician and want to share their own music, let me know. I can create a sub-forum dedicated to you and your music.
Hopefully some day I'll have some music of my own up.

Edit:
Originally I planned on putting up a music page for the site. It would be byfellowship.com / tunes. And I'd have a play button from spotify for each of a few playlists I'm working on. I can still do that, if anyone thinks that would look better... but at the moment, I'm going to put the playlists on the forum instead. I'll post a few sticky topics, each with its own sort of theme/playlist. I'll ask people if they have suggestions for songs to add to the lists or, for new lists. I'll have a couple of them up today and will add songs I like to them from time to time... a couple still need a lot more songs added before they're up and running... like the Christmas music playlist, I have one single song on it so far. HA... Have to find the songs I like and then also find a version of each song that I like best. So many songs can be sung differently by different people.
Anyway... I appreciate feedback on this idea.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:"
- Job 12:7

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: Music rules

Post by millipede » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:24 pm

Edited the above post to add that, I WAS thinking about making a specific page (not on the forum) for spotify playlists people could listen to. For now, I've decided to place the playlists right here in the forums as I want most of the site to be all about the forums anyway, maybe that will keep people focused here...?
One or two playlists should be up today with a couple more coming soon. Again, please let me know if you have suggestions for songs or even new playlist ideas... perhaps a style of music that I might not like so I might not consider making a list for it...
"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:"
- Job 12:7