We look forward to meeting you... :)

Gordon said. "You dont get many chances against him, and when you

What pets do you have? Share with us...
bellis555
germinating
Bangladesh

Gordon said. "You dont get many chances against him, and when you

Postby bellis555 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:24 am

CHICAGO -- Jose Abreu says he didnt expect this much success, especially in cold weather. Tim Thomas Team USA Hockey Jersey . Yet he set another rookie record on Sunday. Abreu drove in four runs and set a major league rookie record for RBIs through the end of April and the Chicago White Sox beat the Tampa Bay Rays 9-2 on Sunday. Abreu, who had a two-run home run in the sixth and a two-run single in the seventh, has 31 RBIs to lead the majors. Albert Pujols had the previous rookie RBI mark of 27 in 2001. Abreus homer was his major league-leading 10th and extended his own record for home runs by a rookie through April. "I go to the field to play baseball, help the team," Abreu said through a translator. "I really dont go looking for records, but theyre definitely welcome. Thats not something that I go looking for, but its a nice thing." Another White Sox rookie had a memorable day. In his major league debut, Scott Carroll (1-0) gave up two runs, one earned, in 7 1-3 innings after he was called up from Triple-A Charlotte to fill in for injured ace Chris Sale. Carroll, 29, received a standing ovation when he exited the game, and he planned to celebrate with more than 30 friends and family members. "I couldnt have asked for a better showing," Carroll said. "I know I was capable of it, but its just awesome to finally get the opportunity and showcase my skills here at this level." Rays starter David Price (3-2) allowed eight runs, six earned, in six innings. Trailing 1-0, the White Sox scored five runs in the sixth and four runs in the seventh. The Rays committed four errors in the sixth. Gordon Beckham reached on an error and scored from second when Price threw away the ball after fielding Marcus Semiens bunt single. Adam Eaton scored when right fielder Wil Myers fumbled the ball after Prices throwing error. Abreu then hit a two-run home run for a 4-1 lead. He set the rookie record for homers by the end of April on Friday with his ninth -- a walk-off grand slam against the Rays. "Hes pretty strong," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Ive been talking about how impressive hes been this series. He is good. Hes gonna get better." Dayan Viciedo doubled and scored on shortstop Yunel Escobars throwing error for a 5-1 lead. "Its very unusual. Its uncharacteristic of us to make those errors, but were human, and I still feel like I have eight Gold Glovers out there whenever Im out there on the mound," Price said. "We have those days, and it stinks." Semien doubled to extend the White Sox lead to 6-1 in the seventh. Abreu hit a two-run single and Ramirez added an RBI single for a 9-1 lead. The Rays went ahead 1-0 in the fifth when David DeJesus singled and scored on right fielder Viciedos error. The Rays scored their second run in the eighth on Evan Longorias single. Before his call up, Carroll was 27-38 with a 3.95 ERA in 138 games during eight minor league seasons. He underwent Tommy John surgery in 2012 and bounced back with a 3-1 record and 1.57 ERA in four Triple-A starts this season. "As soon as I found out I was going against Price, I thought to myself, What an opportunity, " Carroll said. "Theres no better chance to showcase my skills and get to go against one of the best guys, a Cy Young winner. I just happened to be better than him today. Its a fun experience, and Im just so happy to do it." NOTES: Sale (forearm strain) played catch before Sundays game, but when hell return from the 15-day DL is uncertain. He is eligible to come off the DL on Saturday. ... To make room for Carroll on the 25-man roster, the White Sox optioned RHP Erik Johnson to Triple-A on Saturday. OF Avisail Garcia (left shoulder) was moved to the 60-day DL to make room for Carroll on the 40-man roster. ... Jake Odorizzi (1-2, 6.52) will start Monday for the Rays. Andre Rienzo (1-0, 4.91) will pitch for the White Sox. Jonathan Quick Team USA Hockey Jersey . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. Kyle Palmieri Team USA Hockey Jersey . Solomon Elimimian did not make the trip with the team after suffering what appeared to be a right leg injury in the teams regular season finale against the Calgary Stampeders. http://www.hockeyauthenticusaonline.us/Joe-Pavelski-Jersey/ .C. Lions 35-14, was named the CFLs offensive player of the week Tuesday. Sheets recorded his ninth 100-yard rushing performance of the season to tie the Riders club record.DETROIT -- Don Mattingly wouldnt mind a rematch. The Los Angeles manager knows full well that if his Dodgers face the Detroit Tigers again this year, it can only happen in the World Series, so despite Wednesdays 4-1 loss in Motown, Mattingly would be happy to return. "Well take that right now, and Im sure the Tigers would, too," Mattingly said. "Wed love to be here again." The Dodgers split two games against the Tigers in Los Angeles in April, and Detroit swept the two-game series this week. Max Scherzer pitched seven impressive innings Wednesday, outdueling Zack Greinke and lifting the shorthanded Tigers. Detroit was without sluggers Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez, but the AL Central-leading Tigers scored two runs in the first inning against Greinke, and Scherzer (11-3) made the lead hold up. The All-Star right-hander allowed a run and four hits. He struck out seven and walked two. "Hes a great pitcher, and he showed why again today," Dodgers second baseman Dee Gordon said. "You dont get many chances against him, and when you do, hes got so many pitches that hes able to throw that you cant just sit on something." Joba Chamberlain struck out two in the eighth, and Joe Nathan fanned two in a perfect ninth for his 18th save in 23 chances. Greinke (11-5) allowed three runs and seven hits in seven innings. He struck out eight without a walk. "You look at their lineup today, and you think you are getting a break with Cabrera and Victor being out," Greinke said. "But they were putting up great at-bats all day. I was throwing good pitches." Miguel Rojas of the Dodgers hit his first career homer in the fifth. Cabrera was given a day off by Detroit manager Brad Ausmus, and Martinez is dealing with a lingering back issue. The Tigers won without them. Scherzer escaped a first-inning jam thanks to some impressive fielding behind him. Yasiel Puig hit a one-out triple, butt with the infield in, Hanley Ramirez hit a sharp grounder to Eugenio Suarez, and Detroits rookie shortstop threw quickly to third to catch Puig off the base. Erik Johnson Jersey. "That was a great play," Scherzer said. "He just made an instinct play -- saw Puig was off the base, and made a quick little snap throw. That just helped keep the game where it was." Rajai Davis made a sliding catch in left field for the third out. Austin Jackson opened the bottom of the inning with a triple of his own and scored on Ian Kinslers single. Kinsler advanced to second on a wild pitch and scored on a two-out single by Don Kelly. Greinke was sharp after that. Detroit scored again in the fourth on an RBI single by Nick Castellanos, but the Los Angeles right-hander retired the last nine hitters he faced, striking out the final four. But the Dodgers couldnt overcome Scherzer. They put men on first and second in the third, but Puig hit into a double play. In the sixth, Puig hit a leadoff double, but the next three batters couldnt hit the ball out of the infield. Matt Kemp went hitless with three strikeouts. Hes now 0 for 21 against Scherzer. Torii Hunters sacrifice fly in the eighth gave Detroit another run. NOTES: Mattingly says he doesnt plan any major changes to the lineup when OF Carl Crawford returns from a sprained left ankle. There could be a logjam with OFs Kemp, Puig and Andre Ethier also in the fold. "Were playing pretty well," Mattingly said. "Well just talk about it with (Crawford) -- let him know where everything is." ... Kelly drew the second intentional walk of his career in the eighth inning. ... Detroit faces Kansas City on Thursday night. The Tigers send LHP Drew Smyly (4-8) to the mound against RHP Jeremy Guthrie (5-7). ... The Dodgers return home to take on San Diego. Los Angeles ace Clayton Kershaw (10-2) faces RHP Odrisamer Despaigne (2-0) of the Padres. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Pets...”