Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

a State. "I broke his bat and he still hit it out," Leake said. "Thats how strong h

want to talk plants? Need an id for some plant you found?
bellis555
germinating
Bangladesh

a State. "I broke his bat and he still hit it out," Leake said. "Thats how strong h

Postby bellis555 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:37 am

NEW ORLEANS -- Tony Parker was causing the Pelicans so much trouble with his dazzling dribble drives that New Orleans best defender, agile big man Anthony Davis, stepped out to challenge the shifty San Antonio point guard on the perimeter during the critical final five minutes. Chris Sale Jersey . With a shoulder fake to his right and a cross-over dribble to the left, Parker wrong-footed Davis and exploded down an open lane for yet another easy layup. Parker scored 21 of his 32 points in the second half and also doled out nine assists, and the Spurs overcame a 14-point deficit en route to a 102-95 victory over the Pelicans on Monday night. "Tony pretty much carved them up," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, referring to Parker as "a monster" down the stretch. Tim Duncan scored 16 of his 21 points in the second half, and Marco Belinelli added 13 against his former club. Davis had 17 points, 16 rebounds and four blocks, Anthony Morrow added 20 points and Eric Gordon scored 19 for the Pelicans, who appeared in line for their fifth win in six games when they led by 14 near the end of the third quarter. The Spurs had other plans, outscoring New Orleans 38-19 in the final period. "Finally, in the fourth quarter, we were more physical and played better defence," Parker said. "And we just know how to win. ... In the fourth quarter, when its tight, we know how to execute and we know what we want to do on offence." Duncan had a difficult first half, hitting only two of his first eight shots and even missing a dunk, but looked like his usual self when it mattered. He opened the third quarter by making 5 of 7 shots. Parker added 10 points in the quarter, and his scoop shot had San Antonio as close as 65-62 with 3:13 left in the period. But New Orleans regained its rhythm once more while the Spurs briefly came unhinged. Shortly after Morrows 3 made it 70-62, Parker and Duncan were called for technical fouls on the same offensive possession. Morrow made both free throws, then got fouled and made two more free throws, and New Orleans went back up by 14 on Greg Stiemsmas tip-in. San Antonio simply wouldnt go away, suffocating New Orleans shooters and forcing four turnovers in the first six minutes of the final quarter. "We had some costly turnovers," Pelicans coach Monty Williams said. "A number of our guys, you look at our numbers, we just did not shoot the ball well across the board, in the fourth quarter for sure." The Pelicans has 16 turnovers in all, leading to 18 San Antonio points, and New Orleans made only 8 of 21 shots (38 per cent) in the final period. That, combined with Parkers clutch play, was too much to overcome. "Tony Parker got it going and we didnt corral him enough when he got in the paint," Morrow said. "He just made more plays down the stretch." The Spurs, meanwhile, took over the game with a 12-0 run that began when Patty Mills hit a 19-foot jumper and followed that with a 3. Then Danny Green, back from a broken left hand to play for the first time in 10 games, made his first shot -- a 3-pointer -- on his seventh attempt with 7:24 to go to pull the Spurs to 82-78. Parker completed the comeback a few plays later with his driving floater that tied it at 82 with 5:48 to go. "We played badly for 24-plus minutes -- made a lot of mistakes and finally put a stretch together," Duncan said. "We finally made some shots, honestly. We made, I think, two 3s in a row during the run that were big for us. We just needed something. We needed some kind of spark, some kind of stop-and-score. ... We had a crew in there that did it well." The Pelicans shot nearly 57 per cent in the first half (21 of 37) and led for most of it. Morrow made five of his first six shots and Gordon had 12 early points, including a 3 that put the Pelicans up 54-42 at halftime. NOTES: Green finished with 7 points in 30 minutes in what was his first action since Jan. 12. ... Pelicans G Tyreke Evans played only five minutes, leaving the game for good shortly after hurting his right ribs in a collision with Matt Bonner. ... The halftime performer, tight-rope artist Fletcher Runyan, drew empathetic groans from the crowd when he fell and straddled the rope. After sitting on the rope with a pained expression on his face for several seconds, he gingerly got back up, landed a successful backflip, then smiled and waved as he walked off the court to applause. Early Wynn Jersey .C. - Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek says guard Goran Dragic will return to the starting lineup against the Charlotte Hornets after missing the last two games with a strained back. Adam Eaton Jersey . He, the 25-year-old Toronto backup net-minder and Manitoba native, would be making just his fourth start in the past 16 games against the Jets the following evening. It was the word of opportunity for Reimer, who has fallen into the role of backup, outmatched in recent weeks by Jonathan Bernier, his Quebec counterpart. http://www.authenticbaseshopwhitesox.com/authentic-derek-holland-white-soxjersey/ . Tennis Australia chief executive Craig Tiley told local media in comments published Wednesday that John Tomic would not be allowed into Melbourne Park in any official capacity or as a spectator.PITTSBURGH -- Ike Davis made his first home run with the Pittsburgh Pirates a memorable one. Davis became the first player to hit grand slams for different teams in the same April, and Neil Walker had a run-scoring single with two outs in the ninth inning as the Pirates twice overcame deficits to beat the Cincinnati Reds 6-5 Monday night. Pittsburgh trailed 2-0 before Davis fourth-inning homer off Mike Leake. Davis hit a game-winning, ninth-inning slam off the Reds J.J. Hoover on April 5 for the New York Mets, who traded him to the Pirates on Friday. According to STATS, no player previously hit slams for different teams in the same April. Davis became just the third to hit slams for different teams against the same opponent in the same year, following Ray Boone in 1953 and Mike Piazza in 1998. "We knew thats what he was capable of doing when we traded for him," Walker said. "As a left-handed hitter in this ballpark, I can envision him hitting more balls over that Clemente Wall in right field. This is just the start." Leake said he made a good pitch and gave credit to Davis, his former college teammate at Arizona State. "I broke his bat and he still hit it out," Leake said. "Thats how strong he is." With nobody out, Davis was just trying not to kill a rally rather than trying to hit a grand slam. "I wanted something up because I know Mike has a good changeup and sinker so I didnt want to ground into a double play," Davis said. "I was just looking for something I could hit into the outfield, either get a sac fly, base hit or, hopefully if I hit it good enough, a homer. I was just trying to get the ball in the air." The Pirates were behind 5-4 before Andrew McCutchens leadoff homer in the eighth against Manny Parra. Walker got the winning hit off Hoover (1-2) after consecutive one-out walks to Russell Martin and Andrew&nbbsp;McCutchen followed by Pedro Alvarezs popout. Todd Frazier Jersey. . "Its totally on me," Hoover said of the loss. "I hung a curveball on 1-2 count to Walker when I was trying to bury it in the dirt and I left it up a little bit where he could handle it. And you cant walk guys and expect to have good results." Jared Hughes (1-0) pitched a scoreless, two-hit ninth for the win after being recalled from Triple-A Indianapolis earlier in the day. "Im in Indianapolis yesterday and in Pittsburgh today getting a win," Hughes said. "Thats pretty cool." Cincinnati had taken a 5-4 lead in the eighth when Brandon Phillips and Todd Frazier singled off Francisco Liriano, Jay Bruce hit an RBI double against Justin Wilson and, after an intentional walk to Ryan Ludwick, Devin Mesoraco hit a run-scoring single. McCutchen and Walker each had three hits for the Pirates, while Mesoraco, Phillps and Frazier had three hits each for Cincinnati. Mesoraco has a hit in all 10 games hes played this season and is batting 541. Liriano gave up five runs -- four earned -- and seven hits in seven-plus innings. Leake allowed eight hits in seven innings. NOTES: Boone, playing for Cleveland and Detroit, hit slams against the St. Louis Browns in 1953. Piazza, playing for the Los Angeles Dodgers and New York Mets, hit slams against Arizona. ... Pirates LHP Wandy Rodriguez was placed on the 15-day DL with right knee tendinitis, opening a roster spot for Hughes. ... Reds LHP Aroldis Chapman is tentatively scheduled to throw batting practice Wednesday, the first time he will face hitters since sustaining facial fractures March 19 when he was hit by a line drive during a spring training game. The closer had a 45-pitch bullpen session Sunday. . Cincinnati RHP Johnny Cueto (1-2, 1.50) faces Pittsburgh RHP Edinson Volquez (1-0, 1.71) on Tuesday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Plants...”