I'm back!

I'm sure you have interest in things besides the outdoors...
Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: I'm back!

Post by Nicki » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:28 pm

It does make it easier because I have trouble remembering all my passwords so I like just linking everything to Facebook LOL

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Post by millipede » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:04 am

glad it helps. I'm the paranoid type... I hate having SOOOOOO many different websites where I need passwords... I end up having a place where I write them down but don't carry it around with me. I don't have anything worth someone breaking into my home to steal passwords for... ha... so, I'm not worried about that. So, I prefer to have different passwords for different sites in case one ever gets hacked or something.

Still working on a few things... I think it's going to take me longer than I thought. Because of my struggles with decision making and OCD or whatever, sometimes a day can go by where I feel like nothing actually got done. Spent a lot of time looking into the extensions that would let someone put pictures on here more easily. Ended up messaging one of the companies to get some more info to ease my mind before I install it. We'll see.
Once I start feeling like I have more working out, I'll try promoting the site more on FB or somewhere. I need to get a little more activity here. I wish I was popular enough to just be able to say "come join my site" and have people come over. Years ago I think I got a few people that way but, I don't quite have that influence these days I'm afraid.
If you know anyone interested in this sort of thing, feel free to share... or if you ever see a topic here that's worth sharing on FB or another platform, hit one of the share buttons. :)
I have another old PYA member that I'm hoping to get over here soon. Also hoping that maybe, just maybe, I could get my wife to post some. I kind of doubt it but, we'll see.

and if you have any suggestions or anything let me know.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Post by Nicki » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:15 am

Posting pictures more easily would be great - that's one thing I'm spoiled to with FB, just upload a pic and share LOL. I miss the PYA so much - I've thought about it several times over the years...I spent way too much time on there but it was so much fun talking chickens with everyone. I want to get back into chickens one day (my last one died a couple of years ago) but just don't have anywhere at our house for any. Hoping to move more out in the country one day!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Post by millipede » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:09 pm

It's crazy to think about how long it's been since the PYA. Quite a few of the people are off and married... I think quite a few stopped raising poultry. Anthony, aka Bummer, himself is married with a kid and, I don't know that he does anything with poultry anymore.
When I sent out a mass email recently, I got a LOT of bounced emails. Makes me wonder how many actually got to someone. :(
But bummer's was @seramas.com and that domain doesn't even exist anymore. I messaged him on facebook about it but did not receive a response.
whitefoot and I are friends on FB. She mostly works with goats and makes goat milk soap. I'm trying to get her to come over and participate. Would be great to have a few people and then a few more... and more. Fell out of touch with most of the people on the pya though. Some I couldn't get along with because of facebook. Facebook and politics and social issues and causes are ruining society, I think. :(
Quite a few members I have no idea what they've been up to. Birdbrain and I got along, then didn't, did, then didn't. Her mother, I think, is "friends" on FB so I occasionally see pictures. Her and her younger sister are both off and married with kids.
A lot has happened out there.
But yeah, I miss how active it was there.

We have no animals right now. If we ever get the yard cleaned up, I'd like to have some though. Some ducks, some goats for weeds, who knows...
We're still sitting on 5 acres that, even though I'm not fully using it, I wish it were more. Maybe some day...

I may try and set things up so I can just host the images here. Been chatting with some people about it and they're suggesting that as long as I have the settings right, it shouldn't be too big a burden on my server/hosting. I'll let you know if/when I get that setup.
I'd prefer to use an extension that hosts on an image hosting site but, there are downsides to that. Thumbnails that take you to their site is "preferred" and, you just never know when a site will change... like photobucket... grrr... how many dead images do I still have on here? :(
Anyway, I'll let you know so we can get back to sharing nature.