Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

OHpossum

Got a great nature photo? Why not share it with us?
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

OHpossum

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:27 pm

I saw an opossum tonight and decided I needed a picture. So I went out in the yard with my slippers on and got a few pictures. I am LOVING my new camera... I was out in the dark... got up to about 6 feet or so from the guy... When I press the button halfway down to get ready for a picture, and it's dark, a light will come on for a few moments so I can focus and get the image in the frame. It was NICE. Otherwise I would have been shooting blindly.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: OHpossum

Postby Nicki » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:43 am

Wow nice picture for it to have been taken in the dark! I'll bet you are enjoying that new camera!
Possums are so ugly they're cute LOL. We trapped one once and I got a pic of him...he was hissing and REALLY mad LOL.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:05 am

Thanks... yes I am enjoying the camera very much.

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Wow... thats a great picture! Very cute animals... That one looks kinda old huh? Was it after your chicken eggs?

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:53 pm

they're weird... kind of cute and ugly at the same time.

I don't think Opossums actually go searching for eggs. They just sniff around looking for something to eat, and if they find something good like an egg, that's a bonus. There's NO way for an opossum to get in my pens anyway... but, he walked around it not showing any interest.

He was eating something, but I'm not sure what.
We dump a lot of food scraps in the yard. No sense in filling a landfill with food waste when it can help fertilize the yard anyway...
So I'm guessing it was something from that... perhaps part of an onion. I couldn't tell in the picture.

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Yeah i know... Just thought it was in some search for eggs... Haha... it seems like your place is crawlings with all different kinds of creatures!

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:46 pm

yeah, I just wish I had a game cam or something so I could see more of it. So many interesting things come out at night.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Nature Photography”