Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

May 10, 2009

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

May 10, 2009

Postby millipede » Sun May 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Matthew 8:23-27
23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.
24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.
5 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Mark 4:37-41
37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
8 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

- Two different passages with the same story.
The message I want to share regarding these passages is quite simple. Look at these men. They were in a boat with Jesus... Right there with him. We're talking about the son of God. He was RIGHT there with them. Yet they still feared for their lives when the waves came crashing in.
How much are we like these men? In our lives we face many troubles. The waves come crashing in all around us.
What we need to realize and always remember is that Jesus is sitting in that boat with us through it all. He has power and authority over everything and He can handle our burdens.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

- Jesus wants us to have faith that He will be with us in our times of struggle. He also wants us to call upon Him. He wants us to come to Him. He is there just waiting to help you through it all.
Sometimes I believe that He is there calling us, and our hearts, "Peace, be still"

If you're struggling with anything today, I want to encourage you to put your faith in Jesus. He is right there with you through it all. Call on Him and enjoy the rest He has to offer.

Lord Jesus I thank you for being there for us. I thank you for being a place of rest that we can take shelter in. Help us to put all of our faith in you even when the waves of life are crashing in over us.
Amen

Katie_oneil
germinating

Re: May 10, 2009

Postby Katie_oneil » Sun May 10, 2009 9:22 pm

hey
don't have much time to write.
life is gloriously busy these days.
no wonder I was depressed. living the way I was living.
working outside my "prison" is so uplifting. i thought I would be afraid but I am not.
I have found freedom in living everyday since the abusive husband is out of my life.
Right now I am taking care of a 7 month old little girl and an almost 3 yr little boy. it is just for the summer but I am going to go to school at night and better myself.
I may not get on here very often but I will try to drop in every so often.
katie

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”