Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

January 04, 2009

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

January 04, 2009

Postby millipede » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:07 pm

A few thoughts about anger, and injustice...
What do those have to do with each other? I'll get to that.

Let's start with anger. Anger is bad isn't it? Well, it depends on a few things. I wont go into great detail on bad anger... I mean, I think most of you can figure out what kind of anger is not good. What do you get angry about? Is there a purpose, a useful purpose to getting angry? If there isn't, then chances are it is an unhealthy anger. Do you dwell on it? If so, again it's likely an unhealthy anger?
So, there's a healthy anger? Well, yes. I mean, Jesus got angry didn't He? Let's look at an example:

Mark 3
1 And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand.
2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him.
3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth.
4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.
5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

What makes this anger a healthy anger? Without going into great detail about anger, I'd like to point out just a few things. To start with, the situation was not selfish... The anger didn't last... and, He did something about it.

So what does this have to do with injustice? Well... ever get angry about injustice? We'll forget about the bad kinds of anger today, and focus on righteous anger.
How many of you look around at the world and get upset with things going wrong? How many of you ever wonder why on earth God lets all this bad stuff happen? I mean, there are people dying of starvation every day... people being tortured and killed just for being Christians... The list goes on and on. We see injustices everywhere.
Why does God let that stuff happen?
Well, that's not really an easy discussion. We have sinned and live in a fallen world... and, we have free will. If God were to take control and prevent bad things from happening, we'd have to be mindless puppets, and what would be the point of that...
At any rate, bad stuff does happen... Does He allow it? Well, yes. Does He just sit idly by? Well, I don't think so. The Hebrews in Egypt suffered for a LONG time before God took action... and here's where we get to the point of today's posting... Just how did God handle that situation? He took a man, an ordinary man and did great things through him... And what of this man? One might look at Moses and think, wow he did some awesome stuff... What a man of God he was... right? Well, not really. He was not a very good speaker... and, he really wanted nothing to do with rescuing the Hebrews. He didn't think there was anything he could do about that.

So where am I going with this? Well... Does God get angry about in justices that occur every day? Yes. Do you get angry about injustice? I imagine to some extent you do. Anyone catch where I am going with this yet?
What can God do about injustice? Well... think about it for a moment... Could and or would God simply snap his fingers and make all that suffering go away? Probably not, for reasons I already mentioned. So, what could be done? Maybe He could take another Moses to go and do His work? Well, He could... And you know what, He sure tries... What do I mean by that? Well... we're getting back to that righteous anger now.
Is there something that really gets to you, as far as injustice goes? I'd like to impress upon you an idea... that perhaps, God is speaking to you, that perhaps He does want to change that situation that upsets you so much... and that maybe, just maybe... He wants to use YOU to correct such injustices...
Ever get upset about litter on the side of the road? If yes, how often do YOU do something about it?
You see, this anger you feel about injustice... it just might be a passion... and, why would you have that in you?
In all seriousness, I honestly believe that God is speaking to you, and too MANY people every day, through the anger and passion they feel about injustices. So now I ask you... what are YOU going to do about it?
Stop asking why God allows things to happen... Stop getting mad at other people for the injustices that are going on... Stop, and look at yourself. If this passion is really in your heart, what are you willing to do about it?
If you can get really fired up about something, I promise you that God WILL use you if you allow Him to.
All you have to do is pray about it and ask Him to use you. Then, go and do His work.

We are not God's mindless puppets, but we are His children and we just might be HOW God deals with injustice. So next time you wonder why God allows things to happen, stop and ask yourself if maybe God is trying to do something about it through you and you're the one who isn't doing something.
Something to think about anyway...

Dear God I just thank you for today. I thank you for creating me with a free will. I thank you for all of the opportunities around me each and every day. I pray that my eyes will be open that I might see those opportunities and seize them. I pray that you speak to me through the anger and passion I find myself feeling about injustices in this world. I pray that you would show me just what I can do about such things, and I pray that I will be brave enough to trust you and go and do your will.
You have promised to give us strength and to be there with us through all we face, and I thank you for that.
Open my eyes that I might see the suffering of the world and give me the courage to take action.
In your name I pray, Amen...

Katie_oneil
germinating

Re: January 04, 2009

Postby Katie_oneil » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Hey Mill
your study on anger reads like you are going through some Anger right now. you're usually so up beat.
What's happening??
This is my first time posting. I pop in every so often to read but don't usually post on boards.
Kate

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:44 am

I replied to you in a private message Katie. :)

And your question about what happened with the forum, I moved it to another topic:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=273

Katie_oneil
germinating

Postby Katie_oneil » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:26 am

sorry
I am not sure I know how to recieve a private message.
i have been clicking on all kinds of suff but I am not sure about what I have been clicking on.
I did find my way back to the poultry page.
But I am not a member.
What other web sights do you post on? or is this and the poultry one the only ones?
I am sort of a recipe nut. That is how I found the chicken site. totally by accident. I was looking for Chicken recipes and somehow ended up there.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:22 am

I am not sure I know how to recieve a private message.

Near the top of the page there's a bluish colored bar that goes across... it tells you where you are in the forum and has some other options. You should see "user control panel" "_ new messages" and "view your posts".
The part about messages takes you right into your private message inbox. that is also found in the user control panel, but it's easier to get to the messages by clicking on the part about messages.

What other web sights do you post on?

This and the poultry site are what I post to most often, but I am a member on other forums. My dad's motorcycle club has a forum that I help out with. I also used to post a lot on Aquarium Advice, Snakes of Arkansas, and Homesteading Today. But I haven't been to those in a while.

I am sort of a recipe nut. That is how I found the chicken site. totally by accident

Well that's cool. We have a section here for recipes and some of them look really good.
Anyway, glad you found us. :D

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”