Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

December 7, 2008

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

December 7, 2008

Postby millipede » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:57 am

Romans 5:1-8
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I mentioned a few of these verses once before but wanted to go over them again. Verses 3-4 just happen to be on my little calendar this morning, and this whole passage is quite fitting for me right now, as well as many people out there that could be reading this.
We ALL face trials at one time or another in life. It's a part of life. Why? Well, simply because this is a fallen world... but we're not going to get into the whys right now. The question for today is what do you do when your world comes crashing down around you and you don't know which way to turn?
Well, if you can focus on the above passage, you should make it......
I've gone through some pretty tough times in my life, including right now, and I can promise you these verses are VERY true.
Verses 1 and 2 mention peace and hope that we have in God. We have this because of Jesus. Peace? Hope? in times of trouble? Yes. Let's read some more verses to see how...

3-4 Our trials produce patience? Really? Well, yes. It is really hard sometimes while you're right in the thick of things... when you feel you can't get any lower than you are. But, keep looking to God for strength, takes things one day at a time, and you will quickly see yourself being patient as you trust God. My wife left 25 days ago, and I can't believe I've made it this long. But I keep trusting in Him, and with each day I find more and more patience. It surprises me just as it would surprise you. But, you will get through your trials and you will be amazed at the patience/perseverance, you develop through it.
Next we have experience or character. Having gone through some tough times you will learn that it truly develops your character. Your character/experience helps you face future trials. Not only this, but it allows you to be able to minister to others who face similar situations. Who better to guide someone in their sufferings than someone who has been there. This character and experience helps you and helps others...
And last on this list is hope. It's easy to see that as you develop this patience and character, you can have hope.

verses 6-8 In verse 6 it mentions while we were without strength, He died for the ungodly. Let me tell you, when you face trials it sure will feel like you have absolutely no strength at all. But, He is still faithful.
verse 8, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Okay, how does that verse apply to what we've been talking about? trials?
This verse is to also give us hope. While we were sinners... think briefly about some of the worst things you've done in your life. Scary isn't it? Even while we were doing such things, Christ died for us. Doesn't matter how bad a person has been... He died for ALL of us, in our worst moments. Now, that's pretty amazing isn't it? So what does that say? Well, it says that He loves us VERY much. WAY more than we can fathom, let me tell you. Read verse 7. Outside of your own family, how many of us would die for a good person? And how many would die for the most despicable criminal on earth? Would you give your life to save a terrorist or rapist? Most likely the answer is no. But, Christ did. He loves His children THAT much. That is truly amazing
So again, how does that apply to our trials? Well, it gives us hope. He has promised us that He will be there with us through our trials. He can't promise we wont face trials in life... but He promises that we wont face them alone. He is there to provide us with strength, comfort, and guidance. His love for us is WAY bigger than the trials we are facing. We CAN trust that He has it all under control. Hard to believe sometimes? yes. Hard to trust sometimes? yes.
Just focus on the truth and continually look to Him...
You will find yourself developing that perseverance and patience, and you will see that patience turning into character and experience. Cling to all of this, and you will have hope.

No matter what you're going through in life right now, God DOES love you and He WILL bring you out of these times.

Father God, I just thank you for today. Today is a good day, for it is a day that you have made. Thank you for watching over us and being there with us even in our most trying circumstances.
I pray right now for everyone facing trials in their lives that they will continually look to you for strength.
Thank you for giving us hope in these tough times. Thank you for dying for us even when we did not deserve it. We love you Jesus...
Amen.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”