Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

August 31, 2008

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

August 31, 2008

Postby millipede » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:09 am

Many of us will, from time to time, find ourselves tired and weak. Sometimes we just don't want to face some things in life. But God wants us to be strong. He has promised to be there with us in all that we face in life, and He calls us to draw close to Him for Strength.

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

---The Lord wants us to wait on Him. Wait... Are we patient with Him? How often do we take our time and turn everything over to Him, trusting Him to give us strength...

Psalms 73:26
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

---We have no strength without God, but His strength is all we need.

Proverbs 10:29-30
29 The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
30 The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.

---Again we see that there is Strength ONLY in God. Those who rely on other things will fail.

Isaiah 25:4
For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

---Doesn't matter if you're poor and needy... troubled... God is and always will be your strength. He protects us from the storms of life and protects us from our enemies.

Hebrews 13:6
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

---What can man do unto us when we have God...

1 Corinthians 16:13
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Ephesians 6:11-18
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

---And there you have a list of tools from which you can draw confidence and strength.
--Truth, what can stand against it...
--righteousness, guard your heart with this...
--preparation of the gospel of peace, being prepared to share the gospel of peace will keep you swift on your feet ;)
--faith, so many fiery darts aimed at you. your faith will shield you from them.
--salvation, it protects your noggin
--sword of the Spririt, God's word... a sword? yes. What better tool to defeat the enemy with...
--prayer, always...

Those are just a few verses that will give you an idea of how you can become strong and from where you can draw your strength.
Be Strong my friends...

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”