Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

June 29, 2008

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

June 29, 2008

Postby millipede » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:16 pm

Mark 16:15
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

This passage was spoken by Jesus to His disciples after having risen from the dead. A fairly important message that He needed to share with them, as He was preparing to leave them. They were going to be on their own, His time on earth was done. It was almost like they were graduating from being students and followers to becoming teachers. They had spent so much wonderful time with our Savior and they learned SO much during that time. Now it was their time to go out and spread that word to the rest of the world.

My friends, is this not our calling as well? God has taught us so much. He has shared so much of Himself through His word. What an amazing thing for us to have at our side at all times. And then of course there is the greatest gift of all, that God sent His son to die for us. Well wait a second... He didn't just die for us, He died for all of mankind. Don't you think that all of mankind should know of this good news? How can we keep so much of this wonder to ourselves?

I'm preparing to hold a concert to help raise some money for the missions work my sister is doing. That's kind of why I had this on my heart today. There's a song by Caedmon's Call that is called "share the well". The end of the song goes something like:
"you know I've heard good people say, there's nothing I can do that's half a world away...
maybe you got money.... maybe you got time.... maybe you got a living well, that aint ever running dry......."
Not everyone is called into the missions field. We all have our different places on this earth. But, we are ALL called to carry this message to every creature. Now, I don't think "every creature" needs to be taken literally. I'm not sure what the exact translation would have been... But, every person on this earth does deserve to hear the good news. And it is up to us to share that. So, how can you help? That's a question you need to ask yourself and pray about. You have a LOT of options. You can go out full time into the missions field yourself... you could just go around and witness to everyone in your own local area. My dad's motorcycle club goes to some big motorcycle events and they minister to lots of people... All around us, there are so many needy people...
You can pray. What missionary doesn't need prayer... And of course, you can support them financially. Yep, there's a lot of ways you can participate in this great calling. The important thing is not to forget it.

God, I thank you for all that you have done for us. I pray that we never forget how much you've done and that there are still many out there that have not heard...

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”