Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

June 22, 2008

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

June 22, 2008

Postby millipede » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:07 pm

Isaiah 40:28-31
40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, [that] the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? [there is] no searching of his understanding.

40:29 He giveth power to the faint; and to [them that have] no might he increaseth strength.

40:30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Yawn... I spent almost the entire day cleaning today. And I wore myself out. I sat here really tired not knowing what to write about. There's a song made up of these verses, and I really like it.

God is SO big... so powerful. And with as much as He has on His shoulders, He doesn't get tired... He'll never be faint. Yet look at us. Look at all we take on ourselves and how well we handle it. :roll:
Ever get tired and run down? Life ever get you down? I don't know about you, but I sure can feel that way. Sometimes life it just SO stressful. Sometimes things just don't go my way. Sometimes, it seems more than I can handle.
"but they that wait upon the Lord......" Think about that. Stop and really think about that. How often do we really put things in God's hands? How often do we really stop and seek strength from Him? I think most often, most of us just run around feeling worn out.
Now, we of course do need to pace ourselves... but what can we do without Him?
In all your busyness this coming week, make sure you take some time and wait upon the Lord. Seek him out and allow Him to give you strength.

Lord, thank you for giving us strength when we need it most. I pray that we'll never forget that you are there and that you will not grow weary as we do. I pray that we will seek you out for the strength we need each day.
Amen.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”