Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

May 25, 2008

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

May 25, 2008

Postby millipede » Sun May 25, 2008 9:42 am

Psalm 150
1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD

Let EVERYTHING that has breath praise the Lord.
Do you have breath within you? Is He not worthy of our praise? Do we give Him true praise?
Some things to think about.

Luke 19:37-40
37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a LOUD voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;
38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

There's a song that goes "ain't no rock, gonna cry in my place, as long as I'm alive I'll glorify your Holy name."
God is SO great, His name is worthy of our praise. He is SO great, that if we were to hold our tongues and be silent... His name would still be praised.
Let's not allow the stones have the joy and honor of that. God is great indeed. Let us praise Him today.

God, we glorify you and honor you today. Your name is So worthy of our praise. I will not keep silent... I will praise your name and proclaim it unto the world.
Let us not forget that God is worthy of far more than we could ever offer... and let us also not forget that He wants our praise... Don't forget Him today... Praise Him!

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: May 25, 2008

Postby Nicki » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:51 pm

millipede wrote:There's a song that goes "ain't no rock, gonna cry in my place, as long as I'm alive I'll glorify your Holy name."
God is SO great, His name is worthy of our praise. He is SO great, that if we were to hold our tongues and be silent... His name would still be praised.
Let's not allow the stones have the joy and honor of that. God is great indeed. Let us praise Him today.

I just read this topic today and it is so weird, we are using "Ain't no Rock" for one of the songs in VBS! I had never even heard of it before Monday I think.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: May 25, 2008

Postby millipede » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Wow... that's awesome. That song has been around for a while. I can remember singing it at church at least 12 years ago, so it's been around at least that long.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”