Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

features?

I'm sure you have interest in things besides the outdoors...
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

features?

Postby millipede » Tue May 20, 2008 10:13 pm

So what do you all think about the site? Honestly?
I'm working on things still of course. We've got the list of plant/seed sites/catalogs... the link exchange. I hope to have better offers for member pages soon. We have the chat. On the portal there's a puzzle...

I wand some honest feedback on things. Anything at all. Color okay? Features you don't like? Features you'd like to see that we don't have right now?
I want to make this a site that people will really enjoy...
I'm looking really hard to find some thing to setup for members to make a page for themselves if they'd like. Something that would be free. I'll still have some paid options available, but I'd like to have something simple setup for free.

This weekend I MIGHT be looking into getting a nature cam to setup outside and have live feeds on the site... hmmm... I wonder how much that would effect bandwidth :?:
But I'm thinking of trying to setup a camera near the green heron's nest. I think for one it would be nice to get a good look at them... but to also see them raise their young would be awesome.
Then after all that is over, I'm sure I could set it up to look at other things as well.
I'm hoping with something like that, I can get more people coming to the site... and maybe some of them would want to stick around.

Anyway...
Thoughts on anything at all would be appreciated. :D

dixiechick
germinating

Re: features?

Postby dixiechick » Thu May 29, 2008 2:06 pm

I like it, I just haven't been in a really forum mood lately. I can't think of anything that should be changed - the colors are good and some of the features are really cool

So I think you're doing a great job, but you need more people around here. :D

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu May 29, 2008 3:49 pm

Thanks...
and yeah, I definitely need to get more people here.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Fri May 30, 2008 9:44 pm

Did I mention to anyone the "Fun" page that we have now? You should see a link at the top of the page now.
Someone in the PHPBB community has a modification that is an arcade that they are working on. Right now it is in the BETA stage and has not been officially released. They say it is stable and all, but I plan on waiting until it has been released before I add it. But once I do, it should be a TON of fun. I will install the arcade and then I can install whatever games I want into it. Lots of neat features. I can't wait.

For now, I'm just going to do a game or two here and there and a few puzzles. Right now there are three puzzles and one game to play. If I find anything else worth putting in I will. :D

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:00 pm

I think everything's fine...and that game is reallly neat; I didn't even know it was on here!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:20 pm

good... I'm glad people like the way things are so far.
I don't really want to kill myself working on things here... I don't want to overdo it...
But, I want a site that people will come back to. I'm hoping having a games page will help keep people interested, along with everything else the site has.
Some day... the site will continue to grow and eventually I wont be as worried... til then...

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Porch Talk...”