Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

Favorite plants?

want to talk plants? Need an id for some plant you found?
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Favorite plants?

Postby millipede » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Anyone have one? Doesn't matter if it's a garden plant, a houseplant, or something wild... Are there any plants that you just LOVE?

I can't choose one single favorite... but I love evergreens... and vines... and ferns... I've actually pulled a few ferns up to put in a terrarium or two. :D
Ooh, and moss... that stuff is cool.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: Favorite plants?

Postby Nicki » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:25 am

My favorite are trees. I absolutely LOVE maples! I want to line our driveway with several different maples becuase of all the color in the fall. I also like Poplars, weeping willows, cedars, and several others.
I also like flowers...I think my favorite are daffodils and ice follies...we used to have lots around our oak trees, but now they've kinda thinned out...maybe I should plant some more :idea:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:44 pm

I like maples too. I have just a few silver maples on the property, but I hope to get at least one red maple added for some more color. I like willows too... and cedars, I have TONS of them here.

What are ice follies?

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:46 am

Actually I guess ice follies and daffodils are in the same family (Narcissus). Here's a page with pics of them http://www.rainyside.com/features/plant_gallery/bulbs/NarcissusIceFollies.html

Here's a pic of our daffodils that are already blooming!!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:11 pm

My favorite would have to be Palm trees... they are so tropical and me being from florida they are just my favorite...

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:14 pm

So ice follies are basically a type of daffodil? They're pretty.
We have daffodils wild all over the place here. I haven't seen any yet. I haven't paid attention for them popping up really but I know there's none in bloom yet.

CB, you're from Florida? I did not know that.
Palm trees are ok in their own setting, but they sure wouldn't look right if they grew here.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:18 pm

Yeah, I don't know much about flowers obviously LOL. Anyway, I also love sunflowers and daisies...I forgot about them LOL

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 pm

yea i think they look better in florida... Haha! Sometimes i wish i could go back because i love the tropical look... but doesnt look like i will.... :(

Valeeta
Hi, I'm new

Postby Valeeta » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:14 pm

My absolute favorite flowers are lillies. There is a guy that lives near my town that breeds them. I buy a few ever year to add to my collection. Right now I have about 10 different types of lillies. They are very fragrant and lovely to look at. The also have mutliple blossoms on them that open at different times, so you get flowers for several weeks in the summer.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:43 am

ooh, that's pretty...
yeah, I like lillies too. I've only seen pictures of toad lillies but I think they're pretty. I also like tiger lillies and another one I can't think of for some reason...

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Plants...”