Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

April 6, 2008

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

April 6, 2008

Postby millipede » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Psalm 38
1 A Psalm of David, to bring to remembrance. O LORD, rebuke me not in they wrath: neither chasten me in they hot displeasure.
2 For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.
3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
4 For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
5 My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.
6 I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
7 For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.
8 I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
9 Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.
10 My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.
12 They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.
13 But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.
14 Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.
15 For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.
16 For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.
17 For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.
18 For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
19 But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
20 They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.
21 Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not far from me.
22 Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Well... This is just the passage I've been looking for. I've been a little depressed lately at the state of this world, and even the church. Too many people these days are living their lives carelessly. More and more people these days believe there is no right and wrong, and that all people can do just about anything and it's okay. This way of thinking has infiltrated the church, and far too many Christians these days are believing there are no consequences for their actions, or that everything they do is okay.
It is harder and harder to see the change in many Christians today. I recently got into a discussion with a Christian about some serious issues. And they mentioned stories in the bible, things that were not so good, and used the fact that they happened to say that they were okay things. It was a very misguided speech this person gave me. And unfortunately, it's the way of thinking of far too many people these days.

Friends... We ARE sinners. Christ died for us, yes. This can never be forgotten of course. But, God calls us to be changed beings. The old has come and the new has gone. He told the woman at the well to go, and to sin NO MORE.
While there is plenty of stuff in the bible that is kind of vague and hard to interpret, we need to stop picking and choosing which passages to take seriously. We can't just interpret the bible to fulfill our own desires.
Nobody wants to be judged these days... nobody wants to feel they are wrong, or bad, or sinful. But, we are. We all are.

Look at this passage. King David, a man that God loved like no other at that time. And here he is feeling absolutely sick at something he has done.
friends, do you ever feel like that? Do you ever feel THAT bad about something you've done wrong?
I'm not going to straight out say that you should feel quite that sick. We all know we are forgiven... But, should we ever NOT feel guilty? Should we really just live our lives carelessly as the world does?
NO. WE NEED to repent.
There are some that think the Catholics confession to be silly. The bible states pretty clearly that we need to confess and repent. Now, I'm not sure it's necessary to confess to a priest in any set standardized way... but, we do need to confess our sins.
How can we expect God to forgive our sins if we're not even sorry for them?
If you were a parent with kids, and your kids did something wrong, would you just ignore the things they do wrong? Sure you'd keep on loving them no matter what they did... but, what would become of them if you never disciplined them? What would become of them if they didn't learn right from wrong?
As Christians, we can never lose sight of what is right and what is wrong. As long as we dwell on this planet, we're likely to keep sinning. And yes, God will continue to forgive us. But, there is just so much more to a Christians walk. We are to take up our cross daily and follow Jesus.
If you're just floating through life without a care and everything in life seems easy, then perhaps you're not walking the walk Christ put before you. A Christian's life is going to face much difficulty. Many people will curse you because of your faith.

I don't want to make this too long... but I urge you all to read the above passage carefully. Many people hated King David because of how great a man he was. If we live the life God wants us to, we too will have enemies.
And David's enemies absolutely loved it when he slipped up. So too will ours.

In short, confess your sins and repent. Without doing so, you will never overcome them. God wants to build you up into something far greater than you could imagine. The sin in our lives can prevent that from happening. Repent today and let God heal you

Father God, I pray that this message doesn't go unheard. I pray that hearts will be softened and people around the world will turn from their sins, repent, and follow after you. Work in my own heart O Lord; convict me, let me not turn from the convictions you placed in my heart.
Create in my a clean heart O God, and renew a steadfast Spirit within me.
Amen.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: April 6, 2008

Postby Nicki » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Wow. Milli, that is great... I get depressed when I look at the state this world is in too...and you're so right; lots of people think "Well, God loves everyone and He forgives, so I can just do what I want." They are so blind! We should be striving NOT to sin, not just figure "oh well so what?" And yes, we all fall short of His glory, but it should make us fall on our knees asking for His forgiveness. I know I fail God alot and I have to confess, repent and press on. I LOVE reading Psalms when I get down...just seeing how David felt when he messed up helps me when I mess up too. Thanks for such a great post!!! :)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”