Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

March 16, 2008

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

March 16, 2008

Postby millipede » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:43 am

Isaiah 55:1-7
1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money: come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
4 Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.
5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord the God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.
6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord; and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

At the beginning of my King James Bible there's a list of topics basically. What's listed for this passage is "a call to faith and repentance"
That's easy to see in verse 7.
You know, it's easy for us to become complacent... a bit too sure of our own salvation. The price has indeed been paid in full, but there is of course so much more to our NEW life with him, as we are so called to lead. Yet, take a look at us. We still stumble, we still fall. We still can't seem to get away from that wickedness into which we were born. It is always chasing after us.
It's a big problem for many. Our lives of sin, at times, seemed fun. It's hard to stop doing stuff that you enjoy, even when you know it is sinful. God clearly calls us to turn from our wicked ways, and if you search your heart I am certain you will find that there are many things for which we still need to repent, and turn from.
My favorite part of this passage is verse 2. Why do we spend SO much time and money on things that cannot satisfy? So many people work themselves to death... for what? What is their gain? A new car? A new home? Tv's? The list goes on and on... Here in America and most other "powerful" and "rich" countries, people spend way too much time and energy on filling our desires, our ungodly desires.
Why do we do that? The bread and the waters that God has provided is right there just waiting for us to be full on. And we don't need money and we don't need to toil for such things. The price has been paid.
You know, it's kind of funny and sad at the same time... that some of the most "rich" and "powerful" nations on earth are really weak and poor in spirit. We spend so much time and energy on filling our ungodly desires that we end up empty, and hungry. Come to the waters and drink. Come and be filled.

Lord, you have called us to turn from our wicked ways and turn to you. Free us from the bondage of sin. Let us seek fulfillment in you alone, for you alone can satisfy.
I pray that your people will turn from their wicked ways and seek you alone. For when we are fulfilled, then we can be strong.
Thank you Lord for paying that price for us.
Amen.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: March 16, 2008

Postby Nicki » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:13 pm

AMEN TO THAT!!!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”