Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

Breeding Question

What pets do you have? Share with us...
birdman
germinating

Breeding Question

Postby birdman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:19 pm

I have four cockatiels - 2 males and 2 females (at least I think so :D ) does anyone know how old do they have to be to breed. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks and God Bless You.
Serve God no matter what!

C_B
germinating

Re: Breeding Question

Postby C_B » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi! I raise cockatiels also! I have 10! Mine started breeding at 2 years old. They prefer them to be over 2... The first time breeding may not be much of a good one. It may take a couple of batches of eggs before you get some fertile ones! Good luck and let us know! What colors do you raise? If you have any other questions feel free to ask! Ill try my hardest to answer them...

birdman
germinating

Postby birdman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:24 pm

My Cockatiels
:lol: Chicken

Loud Mouth

Bossy

Lover Girl, she is a real pet, she comes when you call her and loves to be patted and have her neck rubbed.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:30 pm

yep, those are birds... :lol:
I wouldn't mind a few birds in the house, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy all the extra noise and I know I don't want feathers and seeds on the floor :lol:

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:55 am

Cute birds! My aunt has cockatiels too; I used to have a parakeet.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Is that a pair of Pearls and 2 normal greys? They look good though! Hows the breeding process going?

birdman
germinating

Postby birdman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Yup 2 normal females, hmmmmm, normal females is that possible hahahahahaa, and I thought the males were considered pied, I dunno! As far as what they are doing, lover girl always comes over to me especially when I call her. They are eating, sleeping, chewing on my puter wires and leaving lots of droppings. But no breeding yet. On the other hand our love birds have raised a nice young one and I haven't checked their box yet, but think they might be sitting on some eggs. If you lived around here I'd ask you if you would want 3 zebra finches, 2 male pintal wydahs, and my wifes favorite, hodine the escape artist who is a love bird and makes a lot of noise because he wants to get in with the others. But I can't let him in with them because he attacks the new baby, jealous I guess.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:44 pm

free birds? :lol: If I were closer, were coming to visit anytime soon, and had a place for some I'd love some. :lol:

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:37 pm

I hate to burst any bubbles but i dont think you have 2 pairs... From the looks of it Chicken is a Pearl Female, Loud Mouth is a Male Normal Grey, Bossy seems to be a Male Pearl being he only has a little pearl in his feathers, Lover Girl is also a Male Normal Grey. Ill try finding the place i go to tell the difference between male and female. Im not exactly sure where the site it but ill find it for you! Cute birds by the way!

birdman
germinating

Postby birdman » Sun May 25, 2008 9:06 am

Well Chicken as of yesterday is sitting on a egg, and unlike past behaviour (being a chicken) is very defensive of the nest box and wants to attack you for just walking by it. My love birds had four more young ones and they are doing all fine. Anyone live near Massachusetts? I got 2 extra birds to give away :)

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Pets...”