We look forward to meeting you... :)

Toady

What pets do you have? Share with us...
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Toady

Postby millipede » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:06 pm

One of my pets is a toad. I love toads. They're interesting... easy to care for...
One of these days I'll get some better pictures of its setup... but I'll explain a little about it.
It's setup in a 50 or 55 gallon tank(I always forget). There's a section in the middle where I have water. Probably 3-4 gallons. In the water I have three coconut shell halves with holes cut out for fish to swim through. I have 4 small fish from the river in there. There's also a few plants, including that bamboo you put in water to grow.
To the left of the water is one section of land with a BIG piece of driftwood. It's like a log about 10 inches in diameter, only hollow. I think it's pretty cool. There's some moss and a fern in front of it.
To the right of the water is another land section with some more driftwood, some moss, a coconut shell, and another fern. Inside the driftwood(another hollow piece) is where Toady lives. Yes, Toady is its name.
You might recognize this picture, but I thought I'd use it since I already have it hosted online.

Well, that's just one of my pets for now. :D

C_B
germinating

Re: Toady

Postby C_B » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:05 pm

Haha thats a very cute picture... its a start i guess... Get some geckos next! Haha

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:47 pm

Geckos are nice... but some are expensive. If I ever find one of the wild Mediterranean geckos around here you can be sure I'm keeping one as a pet.
Toady is a good pet though.
Didn't cost me anything... hasn't cost me anything to feed it either.

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Haha... Thats a good thing i guess... Can you really keep a wild frog? Our always died...

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:49 pm

yeah, toads are fairly easy to care for. And here in Arkansas, perfectly legal to keep. You're allowed to keep up to a certain number(I want to say 6) of quite a few different animals like frogs, snakes, etc...

I've kept a few toads over the past few years. I've had good luck with them. This one was in this tank buried for a LONG time. I'm talking months. I figured it was dead. Then one day it just reappeared.
They need some form of moisture. They can't be allowed to dry out. That's kind of the purpose of the coconut shell and log in there. It's a small area that will stay more moist than outside of it.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:54 pm

I love that picture...it's the one I voted for on the PYA LOL ;) Sounds like he has a nice home in his tank.

I always love catching frogs...and toads...and grasshoppers...and caterpillers...and.... :lol:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks. Yeah, I love catching stuff too, and so do my kids. They kind of helped pick out the name toady.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Pets...”