Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

November 16, 2008

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

November 16, 2008

Postby millipede » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:06 am

Isaiah 40:11 (NIV)
He tends his flock like a sherpherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.

Yeah, a very short passage this morning. Let me explain why.
Last Wednesday my wife packed up the kids and left. It's a LONG story, but it has devastated me. All day Wednesday I was a total mess. Thursday morning I started REALLY praying and seeking God in this. He has opened my eyes to things I didn't even realize I was doing wrong in our marriage. He has shown me a LOT and now I am SO ready to move on in the relationship. I do believe that my wife still loves me and I do believe that she doesn't really want to leave. But, she is hurt and the devil is after us. My wife had once written a note and she asked what to do if God was telling her to leave her husband... God doesn't tell people that. He speaks clearly through His word as to what is acceptable when it comes to a marriage ending, and I have not given her such grounds. I know that her thoughts are being influenced by the devil. He wants to destroy us. I have so much fear right now because I have no way of getting in touch with her and I do not know how she is feeling about everything.
So, I've been praying like crazy, day and night, that God's word would come through loud and clear to her. His will is not for us to separate. He can heal us. So I've been praying and praying and praying that He'll continue to care for her.
Well this morning I decided to find today's date in one of those bible verse calendars, and the above passage is what I turned to. God is our shepherd. He's watching out for us, holding us and leading us. "he gently leads those that have young"
I need to cling to that today. We have four kids now and I miss them terribly. But all I can do is trust that He is leading them.

My friends, this passage can apply to all of us. It can give you assurance when you think of loved ones that are struggling in their faith... and it can give you peace in your own life. He is OUR shepherd and He guides all of us. Let him hold you close and watch over you today.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: November 16, 2008

Postby millipede » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:49 am

not long after I had posted the above scripture, I realized I had been looking at the 15th, not the 16th of November. But I don't think it was an accident that I looked at the wrong day. I needed to read that verse.
But, the verse for the 16th was equally comforting.

Isaiah 54:10 NIV
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

Isn't that great? Another promise of how He is taking care of things.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”