Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

November 09, 2008

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

November 09, 2008

Postby millipede » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:40 am

Psalms Chapter 8
To the chief Musician upon Gittith. A Psalm of David
1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who has set thy glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of they fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou has made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Is God amazing or what! Look at all the works He has done. Just think about everything amazing you could see on this planet... The beautiful birds... the fish in the sea... There's just SO many amazing things on this earth. The God that put that all together... the God that created the moon and the stars... He put us above all of that.
Even though we humans, we lowly humans, make so many mistakes in life... and we mess things up so bad sometimes... We are still the Father's most prized possession...
Why?
Love.
If you have children, you might have a SMALL bit of understanding of this. For our own children turn against us, and away from us. Our own children speak out against us... yet, we love them. Most parents love their children FAR above any possession them might have. The love between a parent and a child is amazing... and this is nothing compared to the love our Father has for us.
What is man that He should care about us? Don't spend too much time thinking about why... simply sit back and praise God...
How excellent is His name in all the earth!

Dear Lord, I just thank you for this glorious day. Your works are amazing and I am in awe of them. I am amazed at how much you love us, that you put us above all the rest of this earthly creation...
I pray that we remember this and never stop raising your name, for it is indeed excellent.
Amen...

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”