Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

COLD

how's the weather treating you? post your weather chit chat here...
Nicki
germinating
United States of America

COLD

Postby Nicki » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Ok, so our weather is going crazy the last few days....Monday the high was 85 and today the high is 56!! What's up with that?? And it's really windy; feels like we went straight from summer to winter LOL :roll:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: COLD

Postby millipede » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:56 pm

it's been a very odd year here as far as weather goes. Ups and downs are quite normal I think... well, not everyday occurrences of course but, I'm used to them happening. Was in the low to mid 50's here the past two days and it is supposed to be low 80's by Tuesday... and it got below freezing a couple nights already. I'm in Arkansas... my mom is in Massachusetts and I think we got below freezing before they did.

This year we had record snowfall... more than we've ever gotten (as far as records go) in an entire year... and we did that in just a month. 24.5" of snow in less than a day which is way more than anyone has ever seen here. Crazy... and even when the snow started falling, they were predicting just a few inches here.
Then we had record rain and some serious flooding. Four people died just a mile from here maybe when they got washed off the road they were on.
Then, record heat... we had temps of 109°F a few days in a row.

I could do without the record heat and rain but, I sure hope we get some good snow again this winter. I LOVE it.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:56 am

Yeah, it seems like the weather has been wacky everywhere this year! We got a little bit of snow this past winter, but not too much... Today is supposed to warm up to 67 so hopefully it will feel better than the last few days have!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:55 pm

beautiful 70° here today... supposed to get up to about 80 the next two days before cooling off a bit again.
What I like most about this time of year is less wasp, tick, and chigger activity... I can't stand those things.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:54 am

It got up to around 80 yesterday! But then it cools off ALOT at night LOL. Today is around 73 I think...

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weather...”