Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

Getting warmer

how's the weather treating you? post your weather chit chat here...
jsebean
germinating

Getting warmer

Postby jsebean » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:34 am

Well the weather is now finally getting warmer for us in canada, in fact it got over 90 a few days ago :lol: .... ahh 90 and very humid can make it a long day, much more comfortable today :D

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: Getting warmer

Postby millipede » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:15 am

I know it happens all the time, but it's so hard to imagine it getting that hot up there while not being hotter down here.
It's been too warm here as well and there's no end in sight. It's been low 90's for several days now, at least... and a little humid. Normal temps for this time of year is about 76°F but, low 90's are forecast for at least the next week.
Every year we go as long as we can without using the air conditioner. It's just an expensive thing to use and we're on a tight budget. The beginning of June is too early for us to think about turning it on. Sure is hot in here. It's often a few degrees warmer in our house. And, it does not cool off well later in the day. We've got windows on the front and back, but not the sides of the house. Not very much air flow... we have fans in several windows too. At night when the temp drops down into the low 70's, it's still low 80's in the house.
Yesterday, inside the house the temperature got up to about 95°F with 57% humidity... according to a heat index calculator I found online, the heat index would be 103°.
Somehow, we didn't melt away...

I hope it cools down soon... but I'm worried that by the time the temperature returns to normal, the normal will be 10 degrees warmer so it will still be pretty warm.

jsebean
germinating

Postby jsebean » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:43 pm

the warm spell we had, the humidity was 80%, i made a comment if it was any more humid we'd be swimming. Today is a very comfortable day :D

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:33 am

still toooooo warm here. mostly low 90's which means it has still been that warm in our house most days. We're still putting off using the air conditioner. No sign of normal temps in the future yet.

jsebean
germinating

Postby jsebean » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 am

Rain today... had a thunder shower last night

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:12 pm

still quite hot here... been upper 90's and low 100's here for some time now. Not enough rain either... just been uncomfortable.
We've still gone without the AC and it has not been pleasant....... though... our electric bill has been nice.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weather...”