Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

Snows...

how's the weather treating you? post your weather chit chat here...
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Snows...

Postby millipede » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:11 am

I don't know why I never posted about this. We had a very snowy year for us.
I live in northwestern Arkansas. We usually do get snow every year but it's usually not very much. We're lucky if we get to go sledding a couple days each winter.
This past February, we got more snow within a week or two than any other ENTIRE winter before.
As usual, the forecasts have been wrong for each one.
Our first storm we were supposed to get 8 or more inches. We got about 6. Our next storm, we were supposed to get a dusting. We got about 6" again.
Then our next storm.... They forecast somewhere around 4-10" for this are(I forget the number exactly but it was low) and areas south of us COULD get higher amounts... higher as in 12 or so.
But our area... I went to bed that night with not a flake to be seen... Even halfway through the night, no snow...
I got up in the morning and there was already around 17" on the ground.
Now if you live up north somewhere, that's not a HUGE deal... but here, that's crazy... and it was still snowing.
By the time it was done, the town I live in had an official measurement of 24.5" of snow.
I don't remember the last time I saw snow like that. We've been living in Arkansas for a little over 10 years now and they don't get snow like that here. It was amazing.
We lucked out and I caught my neighbor clearing part of our road with a tractor, and I got him to clear in front of our driveway. We had to park at the bottom of our driveway for a few days.
Amazingly, the actually cleaned up this big snow more quickly than the previous 6" snowfalls.

Most importantly... we got to go sledding for a few days. It melts quickly around here. I don't think it was even a week before it was all gone. :(
But, it was fun while it lasted.
I don't think I'll see a snow like that again as long as I live in Arkansas but, I sure hope I do. I LOVE the stuff.....

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weather...”