Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

Spring?

how's the weather treating you? post your weather chit chat here...
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Spring?

Postby millipede » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:16 pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but around here Spring seems to have disappeared a while ago... and I don't see it coming back any time soon. Last year we waited until August before using the air conditioner. I think I'm turning it on tonight.
The average temperature for this time of year here is supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's. We've had nothing but 80's lately, and quite a few HIGH 80's.
To make things worse, this house of ours (a "manufactured home") doesn't cool off easily in the summer. ALL DAY today it has been nicer outside than in... It's 77°F right now outside and it sure is hot and muggy inside. Too many days lately I've not wanted to get out of bed because I didn't even want to move it was so hot in here.
The biggest problem I think is the windows. We only have them on the front and back of the house... No windows on the North or South sides of the house... so sometimes it's a little hard to get a good breeze going through here.
Right now I have fans in three windows, a fan in another room, and two ceiling fans on... yet, it's still not quite comfortable in here.
I'm really hating having to put it on so soon, but it's just tooooo hot in here to bear it...
I think I'll wait until I go to bed to turn it on... but it sure will be nice to not wake up in a sauna in the morning.
Lots of upper 80's this week, ONE day of lower 80's, then some lower 90's next week.
Just where did Spring go?

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: Spring?

Postby Nicki » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Just where did Spring go?

That's what I would like to know!!! It's burning up around here! It's been in the 90's for a few days already and it's just the beginning of June!! I miss Spring already LOL.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:16 pm

tomorrow is going to be one of the cooler days, somewhere in the low to mid 80's. Only reason it will be that low is because we're getting thunderstorms tomorrow.
The internet says that the average high for this time of year here is 77. It was 77 when I went to bed last night, at like 1:30AM.
I am afraid I was right... I've been telling people that at some point the temperature will be where it suppose to be for that time of year... but by the time that happens, the normal temperature will be up where it is now anyway. :roll:
I hate when the weather patterns allow us to skip over half of Spring. I hope we don't skip Fall and go right into Winter. :roll:

Jackie
germinating

Postby Jackie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Yeah our spring pretty much vanished in like...April. lol We did have a little bit of drizzle a bit ago but nothing big enough to call rain. I wouldn't mind skipping fall so we don't have Santa Ana winds. :lol:

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:07 pm

Spammers... I never will get what they do sometimes... Just had someone reply to this post(hey, this is more than 5 years old) and their reply was a copied bit of text that I posted somewhere else on the site.
I have to wonder if they go look for something random to copy.... OR... do they have software that somehow does that automatically.
Oh well...

Sumer

Postby Sumer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:50 am

Hi,

This is exceptionally decent and wonderful post.
I am very happy joine this forum.
I like it exceptionally much....!!!!

Thanks alot... :)

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weather...”