Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

Just being outside...

This section is for all of your outdoor activities that don't fall into the other categories...
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Just being outside...

Postby millipede » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:35 pm

Anyone else enjoy it? Sometimes, or most of the time, I go outside with a list of things I want to get done. Then I might stop and look for bugs... or listen to the birds... or who knows what. But there's just too many times when I can just sit down in the midst of all that is nature and just soak it in. I just love it. So peaceful... So, away from everything. I love just sitting and listening... and observing... and just thinking.
I sometimes wish I had a laptop and a porch so I could sit outside and still be online :lol:

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: Just being outside...

Postby Nicki » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 am

*raises hand* Me too, me too!! LOL I know how it is with the list of things to get done...sometimes I'm lucky to get half of it finished :oops: I usually just start dawdling and not even get anything done LOL. When I go to my Aunt's house I love to walk around her lake and forget about the cares of everyday life, or go sit on her gazebo (it's on an island in her lake). That is peaceful :)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:39 pm

That sounds peaceful.
My own yard is quiet to an extent. There's no immediate noise, but you can hear the highway loud enough and it's like 1/2 a mile away. I wish someone would plant trees or something along the highway to block some of the sound.

Just down the hill is a river... and I'll go explore down there and just take things in. So peaceful.
If I had the money I'd buy a few hundred acres in the middle of nowhere.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:47 am

millipede wrote:If I had the money I'd buy a few hundred acres in the middle of nowhere.

ditto!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:13 pm

I love to go outside in March when its warm and the wind is blowing... The best feeling time to be out... in the summer time i go into estivation... haha!

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:24 pm

yeah, I can enjoy the wind when it's warm... Today, I wish I got outside. It was/is about 60 today and it was VERY windy this morning.
But I got busy working on some things for this site :roll:

Tomorrow or Saturday or Sunday I am going to take my oldest daughter to watch some eagles :D

You can bet I'll post about it if I get some good pictures.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:30 pm

oh that sounds like fun!! I hope you get some pics 'cause I would love to see them! I don't think I've ever seen an eagle around here...bunches of red tailed hawks though.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:34 pm

We have bald eagles in this area every winter. They fly over my house sometimes but they're not easy to photograph as they're gliding by. But there's several places in the area where you can go to watch them.
Our home school group went to one such place today, but I missed it. I'm waiting to get a report from them how it was and then I'll be traveling to that spot myself. If things go as planned I should have some decent pictures. We'll see though.

If I don't get any great pictures, I'll still be able to just sit and enjoy the outdoors... and that's nice enough.
Last edited by millipede on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: "what typo?"

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Balk eagles? intresting! Haha just messing with you. Yeah i love the still pictures of Eagles flying by but i bet it is ten times better live... Someday i will get to see them someday...

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:33 pm

what are you talking about? :lol:

Someone reported back that they saw 5 eagles in a tree... So, I should be able to see something this weekend.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “The great outdoors...”