We look forward to meeting you... :)

His Story

Sort of like my blog, only not a blog.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

His Story

Postby millipede » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:38 am

I both like and dislike waking up with something on my mind first thing in the morning. A little excited about what's on my mind yet at the same time... wishing I could sleep just a while longer. ha.

In the beginning God created................
In the beginning was the word... and the word was with God... and the word was God...

In the beginning... God started all of this. Everything you see around you... The sun, the earth, the moon, the stars... God set it all in motion. He is the author of life.
Life and history can be looked at as a book... There was a beginning and there will be an end. And, there are lots of highs and lows in between.
Got started it... He set things in motion, and He set things in stone. It's solid. He set the tone you could say.
But, then what?
Throughout the past we know that God has had His hand on and in things. We know the stories where He stepped in and carefully directed things. We know that He sent His son Jesus to conquer death for us. You could look at that as a very intense point in the story where the plot just got more interesting.
We also know that as confusing as it is... He has the end of the story ALL worked out. If you read through the bible you'll get glimpses of what is to come... and much of it is(in my opinion) a mystery. There are men out there that dedicate their lives to figuring it ALL out... what's going to happen... who's going to be the anti-christ, etc... I will say, it's good to have some idea of what is to come but, I dare say that is not the most important part of the story. The part of the story we all should focus on is the part we're actually IN...

So, there's the beginning that we all know... and the end that seems confusing and uncertain...
But, in between... There are a LOT of blank pages and God has given each of us a pen. WE get to do some writing.
How is your story going? What have you filled your pages with so far? And more importantly... What's to come?
God has entrusted YOU to fill in some pages. You have some blank paper in front of you and a pen in your hand. How will you fill those pages in? How will you complete your story?

This is what was on my mind when I woke up this morning. I do not know why but, I had to write it down.
Every one of us is given a pile of blank paper to fill. What we fill those pages with matters. You can fill it with fun and excitement. You can fill those pages with 'things' and pleasures. You can fill those pages with love and service... the possibilities are endless.
What you NEED to keep in mind is... the paper will run out. Your time holding that pen will fade away. Our time as authors of our own history is short but, the weight of the words we write is everlasting.
What kind of story will you write today?
Think about the possibilities.
There's a really silly saying out there that... "it's not over til the fat lady sings..."
I bring that up just to say... many of us will find ourselves believing that our time is too short, or is nearing and end, or is over... many of us will find ourselves thinking "it's too late to ______________" The truth is, while we get to write quite a bit of the story, God is over it all and He has the final word. He could rip that pen from our hands today... or, He could give you more time than you could imagine. Take advantage of either possibility while you still can. Seize life. Write yourself a story that you will be proud of.

Dear God, I thank you for the possibilities you have placed in my life... all the choices and options that sometimes overwhelm. I thank you for loving me so much and taking care of me. I pray that I would not waste the ink in my pen as I write my life's story. I pray my words will be pleasing to you.
Amen.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “My Soapbox”