We look forward to meeting you... :)

Chick-fil-A

Sort of like my blog, only not a blog.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Chick-fil-A

Postby millipede » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:05 am

I was just reading this article online about the mayor of Boston saying they don't want a Chick-fil-A there...
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region ... 1061147182

If you haven't been paying attention to the news going around, Chick-fil-A has stated that they do not support gay marriage... they, and their business, stand on Biblical principals, including the biblical definition of marriage. This has the lbgt and liberal communities in an uproar... The mayor of Boston is like most liberals that take the situation as discrimination. That word "discrimination" is used in these issues FAR too often and very much incorrectly.
Did Chick-fil-A say that they wont hire gay people? No. Did they say that they wont serve gay people? Definitely NOT... in fact, in a statement to the public they said that they do not discriminate against anyone... they'll serve anyone that comes in.
What this comes down to is a battle, a real battle that is going on in this country about what people can choose to believe. Many people are TELLING others what they are allowed to believe, and that is NOT what this country is about.
The lbgt community, and liberals in this country throw around the word tolerance all the time. They YELL at Christians with different morals than them and claim they're intolerant. While the majority of us "intolerant" people are just sitting here peacefully not sure what to do. Yes, the majority of us "intolerant" people are peaceful. In fact, most of us so called intolerant people are far more tolerant than the liberals that are calling us names...
ugh, but back to the topic of Chick-fil-A...
There are many, MANY companies out there that VERY openly support the lbgt community... While some of the more conservative people might not be happy about it, and may even choose to boycott those companies, I don't believe any of them are yelling "Discrimination". I wouldn't claim such a company discriminates against me because I choose NOT to support that community. Would it be fair for me to say that?
What if an openly gay company tried to move into the town I live in right now? The town I live in is fairly conservative, very Christian... and there are, I'm sure, some that are even more so... so what if an openly gay business tried to move into this town or one like it? What if our mayor said "no way, we don't want them here"? You can bet the lbgt community would be up in arms over it. THAT IS discrimination... just like the mayor of Boston trying to keep a business out for its moral stance IS discrimination.
Look..... This country was FOUNDED on the FREEDOM of RELIGION. That was the ENTIRE purpose of our original move here. We didn't want the government, or anyone, telling us how to live our religious beliefs.
But look where we are right now. Some people in this country, including much government, are doing just that. Telling conservative Christians what they are to "tolerate". That word tolerance does NOT mean that anyone needs to ACCEPT another person's CHOICES or BELIEFS. What tolerance means, or is SUPPOSED to mean, is that we accept each other as humans.
The call for people to STOP hating, stop bullying, stop name calling, etc... that is a fair and honest thing to ask for. But, it goes both ways my friends. You CANNOT call for peace and acceptance while spouting hatred towards those that do not agree with you. That is NOT how it works. You call for love and peace but you show none to those that oppose.
This is a crazy world and a crazy country we live in. You will NEVER EVER EVER get everyone to agree with EVERYTHING... that just wont happen. You will NEVER get EVERYONE to accept gay marriage just like you cannot get everyone to agree with who should be president of this country. We are ALWAYS going to see things differently. That is something that YOU need to ACCEPT. If you want tolerance, you better be ready to dish some out yourself.
I know a few of my friends will hate me for saying this but, I am proud of Chick-fil-A for standing up for what they believe in. That is their RIGHT. They can believe and live whatever they want... can they not? If you want tolerance from them, you better be willing to offer them the same amount of tolerance.
Chick-fil-A did not stand up and publicly say they hate gays, or anything even close to that. The people that run the company simply believe in what the bible teaches and choose to follow it.
Guess what, the bible also teaches to love one another. Chick-fil-A is a great company that does a LOT for the community. Food drives and other such events are a common practice.
Their choosing to believe something you don't agree with is NOT hatred, it's NOT discrimination, and it is NOT hurting anyone. It's just NOT.
If you don't want to believe what they believe, that is your GOD GIVEN RIGHT... If you choose not to eat there because you disagree with them SO much, that is also your right and your freedom.
But, do you HONESTLY feel you have the right to choose whether or not they should be allowed to set up a business in your town just because you do not agree with them? If you said yes to that one, can you really not see just how much THAT is discrimination?
They are not on the streets peddling homophobia... they are not pushing bibles on customers. They are selling FOOD, and nothing more. How in the world does what they believe impact you as a customer?
You don't want to "support" their beliefs? Well, that isn't going to change what they believe, trust me... Just like nothing they do will change what you believe. It is not like eating there is going to somehow hurt the lgbt community. It's just not. This is a foolish war we're fighting... over what? Beliefs. It's not hatred... it's not discrimination... it's a matter of beliefs.

I want someone to tell me just what chick-fil-A said that hurts the lgbt community... I want to hear something hateful, judgmental, or discriminatory... I want to hear it. What did they say?

Now, let's look at the mayor's words...

Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in Boston. You can’t have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against a population. We’re an open city, we’re a city that’s at the forefront of inclusion

:lol: Kind of oxymoronic almost. At the forefront of inclusion but, they don't belong there. Sounds like exclusion to me.
The mayor also said:
If they need licenses in the city, it will be very difficult — unless they open up their policies,

That's downright hateful. Talk about intolerance... that's bullying. Their policies? what policies? They stated what they believe... I didn't see anything about policies. And does a mayor or anyone else have a right to dictate policy for a business? I don't think so.

Here's some of Chick-fil-A's words:
The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect — regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender,” the statement read. “Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

As I said earlier, their business is about FOOD. They want to sell you food... they don't want to convert you or anything else. The people behind the counter aren't standing there whispering to each other "oh, I bet that one is gay". No, the fact is that they are there to serve food, to everyone.

I realize that many people reading this will not understand it. I can guarantee that some people will even be hateful about it. Somehow people have been taught to believe that the words "I think homosexuality is wrong" translates into "I hate gays". That is NOT the case. You need to stop believing that lie.
There ARE those out there that ARE very hateful, but those people do not represent ALL Christians that oppose same sex marriage. The majority of people that oppose same sex marriage are very peaceful people that do not HATE others no matter what.
I've said this before in other places, I might not agree with the way you live life, or the beliefs you posses... but as a human, I will always care for you. If I was passing you on the street, and someone was attacking you, I would defend you with my life. I'm NOT going to agree with everything everyone does. But, that doesn't mean I hate anyone.
As a Christian, the bible teaches me to love everyone... to love my neighbor as myself... to love even my enemies. Can you really call that way of living, hateful?

What it boils down to is judgment. NOBODY likes to be judged. So when someone hears someone saying that they believe something you're doing is wrong... well, many people lash out in anger. There is a natural reaction to judgment... a reaction to judge back, to name call, etc... It happens everywhere from large scale disagreements to a pair of friends or siblings arguing over something. "oh yeah, well you _____" It is just the way we work sometimes.

But I'll say one more time... while I may not condone how you live your life, it does not mean I hate you nor do I discriminate against you.
Same with Chick-fil-A. It's sick and saddening that this sort of thing makes news, and even more upsetting that a mayor of a "tolerant" city would be trying to keep a respectable business out of their town simply because of their beliefs. The beliefs that Chick-fil-A stand by do NOT hurt you in any way. Eat there or not, call it what it is... a disagreement in beliefs. Stop calling it hate and discrimination as that is just not what it is about.
It sure would be nice if we could leave political agendas out of the business world. :roll:

In closing... if you are a Christian that doesn't believe in gay marriage, and you are one of those that speaks hatred... you are NOT living what the bible teaches. The bible does not encourage you to name call and bully. If you live that way, you need to do some more reading my friend.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: Chick-fil-A

Postby millipede » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:38 pm

A few more thoughts on this issue today.
Mike Huckabee declared today, August 1st, as Chik-fil-A appreciation day and encouraged people that supported their stance to get out and show their appreciation by eating there.
I've been watching pictures pour in through the news on facebook of what's happening. There are, of course, plenty of people boycotting... standing around with signs. But, there are far more people going IN to eat than there are protesting. What does this tell you?
I bring this up because I've been watching people comment on facebook and it seems that the liberal media and all those that support same sex marriage are under the impression that the MAJORITY of people in the US accept that lifestyle... therefore, anyone that doesn't agree is living in the past, is ignorant, and full of hate. For the MAJORITY of people that oppose same sex marriage, this is just untrue.
First I must state clearly that, there are far more people opposed to same sex marriage than the liberal media would lead you to believe. This country is VERY divided on this and many, many other issues. That is a FACT. There's no arguing it. But, everyone out there wants the rest of society to live by THEIR terms. That very much includes the gay community. They want the entire rest of the world to agree with everything they do. And I've tried to point this out before, that is something that just will not happen. Ever. Why? Because we all have different beliefs.
The people of Chick-fil-A shared their beliefs... again, only because they were asked about them. And now there are people with signs up calling for an end to hatred. What hatred? While I know there are plenty of conservative nut jobs out there that ARE full of hate... in all the debating over this issue so far, I've only seen hatred from the liberal side.
JUST because they SUPPORT traditional marriage, there are those that think the company should be out of business. And, somehow that is right? It's an ugly thing...
Anyway... I mostly wanted to share the FACT that there are FAR more supporters of Chik-Fil-A than the opposers must have realized... as it seems the liberal side of the issue wants everyone to believe that our country as a whole supports them.
And I also have to add that, the Christians that believe in the biblical definition of marriage are the ONLY ones getting raked over the coals with this issue. So, who is tolerant? I'd have to question how honest you're being with yourself if you think the liberals are the only tolerant people........ Seriously.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “My Soapbox”