We look forward to meeting you... :)

Chick pics

What pets do you have? Share with us...
Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: Chick pics

Postby Nicki » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:34 am

Yeah, I don't like them on my head...I usually duck or block them with my arm LOL. I sometimes let them on my head if I'm wearing a hat, but not much at all.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Sun May 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Took some more pics yesterday...they're starting to look like chickens now instead of just little babies

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sun May 04, 2008 8:53 pm

Looks like they're getting bigger.
Do you have plans for them? Keeping them all? Selling some, or all?

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Mon May 05, 2008 5:11 pm

My plan is to keep maybe 6 of them (2 trios) and sell the rest. All of them are single comb except for 3 that are rose comb(I'm pretty sure they're a cockerel and 2 pullets). I don't have enough room to start another breeding pen just for rose combs so I'm going ahead and selling them (hopefully this weekend - I've already got someone who wants them). The others I'll keep for a while until I can tell which ones are best and thin them out to get the best breeders. Right now it looks like I've got 11 cockerels and 19 pullets :D

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Tue May 06, 2008 9:18 am

That's cool. What you have would be way more than I'd want. So much food, so much mess...
Well good luck with them.

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Tue May 06, 2008 6:46 pm

Very cute birds and good choice. Its best to keep as many hens as you can because you will need them breeding season... good luck!

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Thu May 15, 2008 6:33 pm

LOL I took this picture the other day and loved it!! They can't even all fit on the perch!

And I sold my first trio this past Saturday (the rosecomb ones) so now I only have 26 left LOL

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu May 15, 2008 8:37 pm

ONLY 26 left huh? :lol:
I wouldn't mind having tons of chickens around as long as I didn't have to feed them or clean up after them. :lol:

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Fri May 16, 2008 4:05 am

yeah, the food is getting so expensive now! Well everything is... I try to let my big chickens out some so they can get grass and not eat as much layer pellets...but they've been roaming more lately and the next door neighbors dog has been coming into our yard more :x

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Fri May 16, 2008 10:33 am

Haha thats a good picture. Food here goes up .25 every like 3 months... Its getting really ridiculous... Leave it to my chickens to need the $18 food... Ugh...

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Pets...”