Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

fishing...

Fascinating or tasty... for all of you gill breathers.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

fishing...

Postby millipede » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:14 pm

I had to create a new topic since I created a new section of the forum specifically for fish.
I find fish to be quite fascinating. There are times I wish I was a fish as I LOVE being under water. Don't know what it is...
But I just find fish interesting with just how different than can be... whether they blend in with their surroundings or are just amazingly colorful...

I have a lot of fond memories of fishing when I was younger. My dad used to take us a lot when we were kids. It's been a while since I've really fished much... after my dad passed away a couple months ago, I went to walmart and got a fishing license. It had been a while. I plan on creating memories with my own children......

While I like the idea of eating fish, I don't always know how much I can trust the water I fish in... not to mention, I've never cleaned and cooked a fish before. So...... I've always been a catch and release guy.
My oldest daughter and I have been working on a life list of birds and we've been thinking it might be fun to have a life list for ALL animals... so, I MIGHT start a life list for the fish I've seen in person. I don't think it will be a long list... and it will take some time to grow it... but it will be interesting just the same. :)

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: fishing...

Postby Nicki » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:31 am

I used to love fishing, but then I kinda got burned out after a while. Recently though I have thought about fishing again. I like fishing for bream and crappie, but my husband loves bass fishing. We went catfishing a while back but I didn't really care for that, you just set the lines and sit...it was too boring for me LOL.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: fishing...

Postby millipede » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:02 pm

We haven't been too recently though I have been thinking of it. There's something relaxing about it. I agree, just sitting there doing nothing at all would be boring... too much work would be well, too much work... but that nice relaxing, sit back, cast your line and reel something in once in a while... it's just right.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Fish”