We look forward to meeting you... :)

The birds...

For your feathery neighbors
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: The birds...

Postby millipede » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:55 pm

yeah, as long as I'm not right in front of the window all the time, they don't mind at all.
My mom has a thistle seed feeder setup for finches and it's RIGHT up against her front window.
They'll get used to things when food is involved :lol:

Before I finished putting all the wire on the door to one of my pens, I had birds in the pen eating the feed every day.

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:57 pm

Same here.. The cardnials and sparrows would find a way in but couldnt figure there way out... Haha... I almost bought a feeder you put right up against your window to watch them but i didnt think you could entice them to visit it...

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:06 pm

you should give it a try. I don't think they can see in through the glass extremely well. There's probably some amount of glare. So, as long as you don't site right up against the window all day, you'd be able to attract some.
Actually... if you're REALLY still, you may be able to get some to land at the feeder while you're there.
This apartment we used to live in, I had a feeder RIGHT outside the window... And there were a few times I'd sit there as still as I could to try to get pictures, and they'd land there.
I've even sat in the snow, on the ground a few feet from the feeder... if you're VERY still, you can trick them for a moment.
Anyway, it'd be worth a try if you want birds that close.

Now a hawk is a different story, as far as seeing inside your house well. If there was a hawk in a tree, 40-50 feet from the window, all I'd have to do is stand up and it would fly away.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Love that picture!! Cardinals are such beautiful birds! I wish my camera had a better zoom...and our bird feeder was closer to the house... :roll:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:01 pm

well, move the feeder then :lol:
I got a few more pictures today. Just like I thought, there's plenty of birds out there now.
LOTS of cardinals, some sparrows, some female bird that may have been a finch, and even a woodpecker.
Pictures are still on the camera and I'm not bothering with them tonight... but, I'll eventually post some more. :D

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:50 pm

I finally put one up but still no visitors...

Hurry and post them milli!

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:03 pm

Yep, can't wait for more pictures!!!! :D
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:26 am

I'll try to get some posted later. LOTS to do around here. :roll:

So far I've seen cardinals, chickadees(one of my favorites), several different sparrows, some birds I believe are finches, and a red bellied woodpecker.
I see other birds in the yard but they're not as interested in the seed.
I see several carolina wrens in that area just about every day.
I need to remember to pickup some new houses today. :D

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Birds”