We look forward to meeting you... :)

The birds...

For your feathery neighbors
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

The birds...

Postby millipede » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:19 pm

well, I got some seed in my feeder finally. Now I just have to wait until they find it. I'm excited. The feeder is 10 feet from the window, at most... You can bet I'll be taking a lot of pictures as soon as they start feeding there.

Up until now, they've been doing just fine. They'd probably continue to do fine as well... I just wanted to add the feed for them so I can get pictures.
My yard is FULL of weeds, and a lot of them still have seeds on them. I believe the birds here are still finding plenty to eat, unlike the birds in town where there's less to eat this time of year.
And besides all the wild seeds around, they do pick up a little of the mess my birds will occasionally spill to the outside of their pen...
Can't wait to see some at the feeder... :D

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: The birds...

Postby Nicki » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:46 pm

Mama just put some seed out in her birdfeeder too. I've been seeing cardinals and mockingbirds mostly. There's this one mockingbird that sits on top almost everytime I go outside. I want to get a picture of it but I never have my camera with me when I see it LOL. And today it's raining, so... :roll:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:50 pm

The birds haven't seemed to find the feeder yet. I'm glad there's still lots of other stuff for them to eat so I don't have to worry about them any. But I can't wait for them to find the feeder so I can get those pictures. I may have to sprinkle some seeds on top of the feeder if they don't find it soon. :lol:

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Be patient milli! :lol: They will find it... I got me some Eastern Bluebird mini balls kinda stuff made of sunflower seeds and peanut butter grounded up and some other stuff... I dont know when im going to put it out... I got some Eastern Bluebirds that have already built their nest but i dont have a feeder to hold that kind of food... If you really want some birds to find you plant some fruit trees! They love to come when there is fresh fruit on the trees... im planning on planting different kind of fruit trees when we get settled in! Do you, your planet, and the birds some good!

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:54 pm

Oh, I don't have to worry about attracting them to the yard. There's already plenty. The crazy weeds I have are enough.
I do plan on planting some fruit trees this year. Amongst other things, I want to attract more cedar waxwings to the yard. You can see a ton down at the river during warmer weather, but they're not so common in my yard.
For now, once this feeder is found again I will enjoy the cardinals, chickadees, woodpeckers, titmouse, etc... I can't wait.

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:32 pm

Oh my gracious! I LOVE Cedar Waxings! They are so beautiful! I havent thought about attracting them here though... hmmmm

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:09 pm

I'd have to look it up, and don't feel like it right now... but I think I've heard they like crabapples. I'll find something they like and plant it. They sure are pretty.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:00 pm

We've got a few fruit trees (apple, fig, pomegranate) but I wish we had more. I don't think I've ever seen a Cedar Waxwing around here...just in pictures (they are beautiful birds though!)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:12 pm

I just checked a little bit and it says that cedar waxwings like berries the most, which sometimes includes the berries on cedar trees... hmm I have a TON of cedar trees but never see them in my yard... They also eat insects.
I plan on spending some time this Spring and Summer trying to get better pictures than I did last year.

These birds still haven't found the feeder. :roll:

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:09 pm

We've been seeing ALOT of robins lately...we always love to see robins cause it means spring is on the way!!! :mrgreen:

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Birds”