No
9%

Total votes: 11

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: Your bird sightings!

Postby millipede » Thu May 29, 2008 11:27 pm

COOL... are those common there? I've never seen quail in the wild before.
The ones we would have around here are the type of bird that hide a lot...

Jackie
germinating

Postby Jackie » Sat May 31, 2008 7:32 pm

Yeah we used to get them all the time but I haven't seen as many the last couple years. I like watching them go by with a bunch of babies...a perfectly straight line of quail. lol

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat May 31, 2008 9:43 pm

that would be cool to see... you need to find more and get some pictures for us :D

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:02 pm

I saw a barred owl the other day but it wasn't in our yard. We were going to my aunt's house. I've got a pic. of it so I'll have to post it on here...
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:37 pm

cool... I like owls. I hear them more often than I actually see them.

I just updated my list to add the yellow-billed cuckoo. I knew we had them in Arkansas but I had never really noticed any before. This one was just sitting in our walnut tree yesterday so I got some pictures and then looked through my bird book until I figured out what it was.

You know, my list isn't HUGE yet, but it's not too bad considering that they're just birds I've seen IN my yard and the fact that there's probably plenty that I never notice and at least a few that I just haven't had a positive ID on yet.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Well here's another old post that I forgot about - I never did share the pic of that barred owl I saw in 2008 LOL! :lol: Here it is - better late than never I guess :roll:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:02 pm

WHO is that? ha...
It seems that the barred owl is what we see most of the times we see an owl. I'm hoping to see more of some other species soon...
I love listening to them when they're in the yard as well... A few weeks ago we had two of them going back and forth in our yard... LOUD... but it was so dark I couldn't find them.

We've seen more birds in our yard, especially now that we're looking more seriously. The list of birds we've seen in our yard(all time) is around 100 different species now.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:54 am

I think we had a barn owl at my parents house several years ago; we saw it fly once and it was huge but never got a great look at it so I'm not positive what kind it was.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:55 am

That would be awesome. Around here, barn owls can be found but are not very common. My memory is far from perfect so I can't recall every bird I ever saw... but as far as I can remember, I'm not so sure I've seen a barn owl. It's on my list of birds I want to see.

Side note: I'm going to post an announcement in a few minutes... some time today(I hope) I'll be upgrading the forum software. It will be a big change with some improvements. If all goes smoothly it wont take too long but if I run into trouble, it may take a while. The forum will be down during this time. Just thought I'd mention it here in case you see my reply here.(and since you're the only other active member at the moment... hopefully we can change that.)

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:02 am

Okie dokie :)

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Birds”