We look forward to meeting you... :)

quack

For your feathery neighbors
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

quack

Postby millipede » Sat May 10, 2008 12:31 am

I was at the park and they had LOTS of ducks in the creek. It was a nice sight to see. While I was looking around at things my daughter said she saw a muscovy crawl down into a stump that was hollow in the middle. I looked across the creek and sure enough, there was a muscovy sitting inside this hollowed out stump. I am certain she had to be on some eggs... and what a perfect place for them. It was exciting to see.
I just wish I had my own little creek running through my property.

Anyway... I enjoyed see all the ducks there at the park. Now if only there was a way to inform an entire town that bread is not the best food for ducks. :roll:

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: quack

Postby Nicki » Thu May 15, 2008 5:51 pm

I love ducks! If we had a lake or pond I would get some ducks! I had one last year but she was really messy in my chicken pens...
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu May 15, 2008 8:18 pm

I thought you had some sort of creek or something... or, wait... that was your grandparents wasn't it.
With ducks, the more room you can give them the better. I keep ducks penned up at all times and things could be worse. Some people keep them on wire I believe... I keep some of mine on dirt. I give them a nice big water dish to swim in, and it seems to be good enough.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Fri May 16, 2008 3:59 am

You're thinking of my aunt and uncle; they have a lake and creek. They usually have a pair of wild geese stop by and raise their babies each year.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Fri May 16, 2008 11:07 am

I would love to have some ducsk and geese close by. If only we lived by the river. We live about 5 miles from the Red River so im trying to get my parents to move closer! Haha

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Birds”