We look forward to meeting you... :)

bird rescue

For your feathery neighbors
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: bird rescue

Postby millipede » Mon May 19, 2008 9:19 pm

okay... there was NOTHING in that article about NOT touching a baby bird. NOTHING about bacteria that would kill them

Trust me man, I assessed the situation and made a decision I thought was best. It was in a high traffic area, not a very safe place for it.
I can just about promise you it was in more danger where it was if I left it there than it was in my hands. The ONLY mistake I made was putting it in a section of pen that wasn't as safe as it needed to be.

And that is the end of that discussion.

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Mon May 19, 2008 9:43 pm

Always keep in mind that it is illegal to harass, harm, or possess wildlife. Enjoy observing wild animals in their natural surroundings, but don't try to touch them. If you observe someone harming or harassing wildlife, contact your local Fish and Game department immediately. Your quick actions may help save a wild life!

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Mon May 19, 2008 9:48 pm

That's a good point. Also one of the reasons I did choose to grab the bird. The park that it was in is known for some typical kids that might not have been so kind. I've seen all sorts of kids sitting down at the creek right there throwing rocks at snakes.
I honestly feared for the birds safety in the location it was in.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Birds”