We look forward to meeting you... :)

Whole Wheat Flax Seed Wraps

Recipes for Breads and Rolls go here.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Whole Wheat Flax Seed Wraps

Postby millipede » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:46 pm

(my wife's recipe - I don't find the taste of most whole wheat foods extremely appealing but I do enjoy these wraps.) :)

whole wheat flaxseed wraps

flaxseed will keep the wraps from drying out to quickly. Makes 15-20 Wraps.

an 8-10 inch cast iron skillet works best, no need to use oil in pan. If you flour your wraps well they will not stick.

2 c water
2 Tbs. flaxseed (ground)
2 Tbs. olive oil
1-2 Tbs. honey
5-6 c whole wheat flour

turn burner on a medium low heat, you want to make sure skillet it nice and hot when you put first wrap on it.

In 3qt bowl combine first four ing. above and mix well.
Then gradually add 5-6 c whole wheat flour and knead until the dough is not sticky. sprinkle a tsp of ground flaxseed on rolling surface before you roll out each wrap. Break off golfball size pieces and with a rolling pin, roll out into a circle, you'll need to keep adding flour and roll it thin (like wraps you might get at the store)
It is tricky to get the wrap to lay flat in skillet to cook, I sometimes hold one wrap with my palms up flat, and drop it quickly onto skillet and it takes some practice but don't be discouraged if it doesn't always work. let it cook for 1 1/2 min. on first side, then flip onto other side and cook for 30 sec to 1 min longer. Repeat with each wrap until done.

If you use white flour it will take more flour than with wheat flour. This can be time consuming using a skillet and cooking them one at a time but they are worth it. :)

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Breads”