Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

What happened to everybody?

I'm sure you have interest in things besides the outdoors...
Nicki
germinating
United States of America

What happened to everybody?

Postby Nicki » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Where did everybody go? It's really slow over at PYA too! :shock:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: What happened to everybody?

Postby millipede » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:29 pm

It's sad. I occasionally consider giving up. I haven't so far because, I really like this. I'm paying about $10 a month and not getting any of that money back... so, that makes it harder to justify keeping it going... but for now, I just don't want to shut it down. I am still hoping that some day things will pick up again.

Some people got busy... some just didn't get along with me 100%. Had a disagreement that was at least partially political, which is ridiculous but it happens. So there's at least one person that said they'd never come back. Can't please everyone.
Then, some people are busy and the biggest thing is...... many people don't bother with a site unless it's active to begin with. That's the most common and most difficult thing to deal with.

That's sort of what happened with the pya as well. The site crashed some time ago and was down for too long. By the time it was back up, a lot of people stopped showing up. A few came back but it never fully recovered.
That and it needs to be fixed up desperately but so far, I haven't been able to get that to happen. I go back and forth with whether or not I should bother with it as well. I put a big chunk of myself into the pya so it's hard to forget about it. I'm still holding out some hope that bummer will fix the errors and upgrade everything and then maybe we can get more people going back. Who knows.

I occasionally post links to topics here on facebook for my friends to check it out. None of them have ever joined and posted though. Maybe some day.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:12 pm

I've not seen Bummer post anything in forever! And chicken_breeder...I remember talking to him alot
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:19 pm

I just posted a link on Backyard Chickens...we'll see how that goes :)

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Porch Talk...”