Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

I'm back!

I'm sure you have interest in things besides the outdoors...
Nicki
germinating
United States of America

I'm back!

Postby Nicki » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:46 am

Sooo...I'm embarrassed to admit I totally forgot about this forum :oops:
But yeah, I'm still alive LOL! Just been busy with life in general (work, church, crafts, and married life). My husband and I just celebrated our 3rd anniversary back in September :) I don't have many animals any more, just 3 chickens and one dog - she's my baby ♥
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: I'm back!

Postby millipede » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:08 am

Hey, good to see a post here that isn't either mine or from a spammer. I've been at a loss as to what to do to get things active here. I've been battling with that and other things in life. I've gone back and forth with giving up on this site... on one hand, I don't have the drive and motivation to actively find ways to draw people here... on the other, this site is a big part of me that I don't want to give up. :(
To save a little money, after thinking, debating, and procrastinating for a year, I moved this site to a new host that costs a little less money.
In just a few days there will be an update to the forum software that will be a big change. Among other big changes, people will be able to register and/or login to the forum using their facebook accounts. I don't know if that's something people will love or not but, it may make it easier for people to participate here without thinking about it... we'll see. I still have some hope for things here but I'm a bit pessimistic about it at the same time.

We haven't had any birds in quite a few years now... something we'd like to change but... money is very, VERY tight these days AND our pens need to be cleaned up. We've kind of shoved stuff in there that needs to be gone through. We'll get a few birds again some day.
We have 5 kids now... the youngest is almost 6 months old. Life is crazy at times.
Anyway... it's good to hear from you. Thanks for posting. :)

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:13 am

Are there any free forums that you could switch to instead of having to pay?
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 am

I see you've done some more posting today... thank you for that. I'll read through and respond to some but I have to go warm up a bottle for my baby. :)

I started out with a free forum but switched to this for a few reasons... Owning it allows me far more control over things and having my own domain is important to me... I wouldn't want a subdomain type of thing... like mysite.freewebs. you know how those go.
I have planned for a lot of years now to reconstruct a LOT of things on the site... and, I still plan on it. Hopefully I can find a way to just get it done. I think the better the site looks the more people may be willing to stick around. I can hope anyway.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:57 am

Yeah, that's true, premium sites usually do look better than the free ones....and I wasn't thinking about the url being one of those weird ones if it was free LOL.
Oh and congrats on the newest addition to your family! Wow, 5 kids! I think I remember you having 3 kids the last time I was on here (or maybe it was 4). :)

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Porch Talk...”