Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

Kitten rescue...

I'm sure you have interest in things besides the outdoors...
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Kitten rescue...

Postby millipede » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Animals get dumped in my neighborhood all the time. Usually dogs... though, cats are pretty common too.
The other week I was walking down near the river and I saw a kitten. Tiny little thing. It was hiding in some poison ivy. I went and talked to my neighbor, and I considered setting a live trap for it. But then I thought, it might not go in, and it might be far away by the time I got back and had it all set up.
So, I went back down and tried to find the poor thing.
Reluctantly, I walked through the poison ivy into the woods... It wasn't long at all before I saw the kitten. It was climbing a small tree trying to get away from me. :lol:
It only managed to get up about 4 or 5 feet. I was able to walk up and just grab it off the tree.
I then went and showed my neighbor, then went up to my house... Turned my clothes inside out and shoved them into the washing machine... then the kitten and I proceeded to the bathtub. I washed it as well as I could... picked a few ticks and fleas off it. Then showered while it sat in a towel and meowed at me.
Somehow all I got was one TINY spot of poison ivy. Don't ask me how that happened.
Then I posted a couple pictures on craigslist hoping to find the kitten a home. I wasn't really prepared to keep it, I just knew it wouldn't survive very long down there at its age. Wasn't long before I got a reply, and the kitten had a new home that night.
I just got a letter in the mail from the new owner. The kitten is doing well and is now named Collette.
Anyway, here's some pictures... one in the poison ivy, one after it's bath, and a few after it was dried off...

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Porch Talk...”