Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

I'm alive!

I'm sure you have interest in things besides the outdoors...
Heather_feather
germinating

I'm alive!

Postby Heather_feather » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Hey folks! I just saw that Millton posted on facebook...I had forgotten this site exists! It's been 4 years since I've been here, and it seems longer than that. Uff dah!

Anyway, I'll have to do a few updates after work, but I'm just excited to find a blast from the past. I'm currently interning on a llama ranch in Wyoming and loving it. I'll be a senior in college this fall and graduating next May if everything goes correctly. My life is a lot different than when I last was around PYA and BF :D I'll have to share some photos of my llama adventures and mountain treks. Later!

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: I'm alive!

Postby millipede » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Wow... almost done college? That doesn't sound right. Where has time gone? Sounds like a lot of fun.
What do you do on a llama ranch?

Heather_feather
germinating

Postby Heather_feather » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Yep! All of a sudden I'm an adult apparently :) The ranch I'm working at is in the mountains and they are a pack llama outfitter. Basically, I help take care of and train the llamas. We do guided treks with people into the mountains and they explore and camp for 3-7 days. The llamas are pack animals, so they carry all the equipment. It's really cool! I'll have to put up some photos of the llamas too.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:34 am

Yep! All of a sudden I'm an adult apparently

ha... it's weird how that happens. I blink and everything has changed...

I'll have to put up some photos of the llamas too.

yeah...
That sounds interesting. That seems like the kind of job that wouldn't seem too much like a job. Being out in nature all the time. I'd love to explore land like that. So beautiful...

Heather_feather
germinating

Postby Heather_feather » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:59 pm

That sounds interesting. That seems like the kind of job that wouldn't seem too much like a job.

It really doesn't. I work 6 days a week and am generally on the ranch, but I'm very content. Now that nearly all of the babies are born and summer is coming into swing, we'll spend more time in the desert and in the mountains hopefully :) I'm quite excited.

I was going to add photos and then I realized that I no longer remember my photobucket info or anything...I'll work on that one.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Yeah, pictures would be great. I'm sure there's a retrieval system of some sort for photobucket passwords. I haven't logged in to mine in a while... but I think I still remember my password.
I try to keep most of my passwords written down somewhere in my house because I DO forget some of them. So much to remember...

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Porch Talk...”