Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

My front porch

I'm sure you have interest in things besides the outdoors...
jlparker
Hi, I'm new

My front porch

Postby jlparker » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:08 pm

This forum is porch talk, so I decided I'd write about what I can see from my front porch in the mornings.

I can see the neighbor's house across the road - he's got a fire going in his woodstove cause it's 28 degrees this morning. I can see the cows in the pasture and they are grazing on the frosty grass. I can watch the red birds flying around from tree to tree. I can see the woodpecker on the old dead tree in the pasture and hear his pecking away on the wood looking for bugs. I can hear my ducks, turkeys, and chickens making noises. If I breathe thru my mouth - it's so cold that steam comes out! I can see the schoold bus coming down the road to pick up the neighbor kids at the end of the road. I can see a flock of geese flying over (Canada Geese) to go land on the pond in the next pasture over. I can see rabbits running thru the yard where the fruit trees grow. Last but not least, I can see the sun coming up and just know that God has given me another glorious day.

Janet

(this topic originally posted on Nov 17, 2005)

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Re: My front porch

Postby millipede » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:10 pm

sounds beautiful Janet...
man i wish I had a porch... I sit on my roof sometimes though..

Heather_feather
germinating

Postby Heather_feather » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:10 pm

On your roof? Sweet! Our porch is all full of a green house and it usually has a dog or two and a cat on it, so I don't tend to stay on it too long

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:11 pm

WOW janet that sounds great i wish i had a porch as well! It was in the 20's here as well! Thanks for sharing janet!

P.S. should i call you mrs. janet or janet? Its respectful to say mrs but just thought i would ask!

C_B

jlparker
Hi, I'm new

Postby jlparker » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:12 pm

CB - You can just call me Janet. I am a Mrs. tho. But that makes me feel old!!

Actually my "front porch" is my carport with a porch swing under it. We don't park the trucks under it - just the 4-wheeler and the tractor when we bring it home. Otherwise it's wide open. We use it for fish frys a lot!! I love to have people over. Our Sunday School class comes over every other month for a cookout of some sort. I think we're gonna have a weeny roast and hay ride next time. One of the member's daughter has never been on a hay ride or to a ween roast. I can't wait!! I forgot that I can see the outdoor thermometer from the "Porch". I figured out this morning that it's way way off. It was 26 deg outside and the "turtle thermometer" (shaped like a turtle) said it was negative 10 degrees!! I need a new one.

What can you see out your front door, back door, or kitchen window? I watch deer out my kitchen window and then I go to the back door with binoculars to see if they have horns or not. I got to see 2 little bucks butting heads about 2 months ago. That was neat - first time I've ever seen that!! I also like to stand on the back patio and watch the cows - especially the little calves when they are romping and playing around.

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Ok, Janet... LOL But anyway I went to work a couple of weeks ago and he has a porch we watch a baby and a momma playing around the baby was jumping and running around and the momma just stood there eating and every time we moved the baby would jump and they would just keep going again it is so cute and i absolutley love watching deer they are such a beautiful creature!

C_B

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Porch Talk...”