Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

Rye Beach, New Hampshire

Got a great nature photo? Why not share it with us?
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Rye Beach, New Hampshire

Postby millipede » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:58 am

originally posted May 21, 2006

while visiting family in New England I took my nephew and my youngest sister to the beach... I told them both it would be cold... we wouldn't be swimming.
It wasn't til we got there that my sister finally believed me. She was expecting to sit around and get a tan... Well she was lucky she brought a t-shirt.
This beach was fun... would have been more fun if it was warmer
There really wasn't any sand. Just rocks and seaweed. That is exactly why I chose that beach... tide pools. I'm not sure if it was the weather or what, but we didn't find a ton.
We saw several crabs...
and plenty of sea urchins as well...
We also saw a ton of snails but I guess I didn't take any pictures of them.
I was pretty mad at myself for trying to identify something before picking it up... well... I guess that's a good practice. But I let this thing get away, twice, while trying to figure out what I was seeing. I believe it was some strange fish or an eel. It was probably about 8 inches long or so, and really slender like an eel. I am quite disappointed that I did not get to take a picture of that. Oh well...

C_B
germinating

Re: Rye Beach, New Hampshire

Postby C_B » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:59 am

Wow we saw one of those crabs but it was dead... Sounds like yall had some fun! I have alot of pictures of shells just havent found time to get them loaded up on here... Kool pictures!

C_B

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Nature Photography”