Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

November 22, 2009

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

November 22, 2009

Postby millipede » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Encouragement...

Romans 1:12
That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

Hebrews 10:24-25
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Hebrews 3:13
But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

1 Thessalonians 4:18
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

I did a search trying to find verses that talk about how we are to lift each other up. This is what I came up with.
We know that we ought to lift one another up and I want to encourage you to make it a point to do so.
This week's study will be short, I think.
I want to address everyone as two groups of people, for you may find yourself in either group at some point in your life.
I have struggled with depression most of my life and there are times when I need encouragement from other people. My thoughts on this are from my own experience.
Lots of people out there are depressed but not all of them seek help. You might have a friend that is depressed and not even know it. I can remember times in high school when I was depressed and I sure hid how I truly felt from people. You just never know what's really going on with people. So, it is important for you to do your part to encourage those around you. Find ways to life one another up. It's a responsibility and it is a need for many people.
That's the first group that EVERYONE falls into. We ALL need to lift each other up. All of us.
The second group are those that are hurting and need encouragement. I have a little advice for you that I strongly recommend. Two things that are pretty simple
1. Continue to encourage others. This may be a little difficult to do when you yourself are feeling down, but it doesn't take as much effort as you might think... and, encouraging others will make you feel good about yourself as well. Trust me on that.
2. SEEK HELP. Even if you don't think you need real help such as counseling, you really should seek out a friend or someone you trust to talk about how you are feeling. It is okay to lean on one another in stressful times. There have been plenty of times when I just had to talk to someone because I was feeling so down. It's not always easy to open up and share stuff like that. But if you can find someone you trust and just open up, you will feel better... it will be like a weight being lifted off your shoulders. Your depression or stress wont completely go away but it will seem far more manageable. Trust me... if you've ever been down and never leaned on someone in your time of need, I can promise you it is worth the effort. Seek someone out and rest in their strength for a while. There is nothing wrong with that and nothing to be ashamed of. Do not let pride get in the way.

I hope you'll consider these things. We are all part of God's family and He really does want us looking out for each other. Let's do just that.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you for bringing me into your family. Thank you for teaching us how to love one another. I pray that we would truly love one another and lift each other up. I pray that we would seek out those that are hurting. I pray that you would give us the words to speak to comfort them. I pray especially for all those that are hurting. I pray that they would come to you and also to a friend. I pray that you would put people in their lives that they can trust and can help them. I pray that we would live like the family you have called us to be and that others will see that love and want that too.
Amen

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”