Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

November 8,2009

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

November 8,2009

Postby millipede » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Mark 13:32-37
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

I recommend that you read the entire chapter of Mark 13 along with this study. It's not too long but isn't short either or else I would have quoted the whole thing. Much of Mark 13 talks about the signs of the end times. Wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, etc... All these are to be the beginning of birth pains. The way I take that is to compare it to actual labor. All of these signs, some of which many believe are happening today, are just the beginning of birth pains. We may be entering the beginning stages of labor. Labor is not a pleasant thing for a woman. I watched all 4 of my children being born. Those first few contractions hurt a little but they're just a glimpse of what is to come. Those pains get stronger and stronger. I dare say that all of the stuff we look at as bad in this world, earthquakes etc..., are just a glimpse of what is to come. The pains will quite likely increase in frequency and in strength. If one focuses on this, which I admit there are times I do, it is easy to be scared of what is to come. I can remember quite clearly my wife wanting it to be over and with our last child she was scared of labor before it ever even happened. It is a scary thing. So too will be the last days.
But with our first child, my wife was saying she didn't want anymore kids. This was while she was still in pain. After our daughter was born my wife said "I think I could do that again" or something along those lines. The end result, the reward, was worth all the pain. So too will be what is to come. Jesus. He IS coming again. We will experience some pain and suffering before He arrives but once He does we will forget all about the pain.

Now as for the passage quoted above...
Jesus refers to Himself here. He was on this earth and then He departed from it. He IS coming again. While He is away He has entrusted us to do His work. We are to take care of His house while He is away. We have a lot of responsibility. I've talked about some things before when it comes to sin and how we should live our lives. God doesn't want us sitting on our hands just waiting for His arrival. We are to take care of things while He is gone. And we need to be ready and watching for we do not know when the time will come. We can't wait until the last minute and then get ourselves ready. There might not be time. In the parable of the ten virgins, 5 of the virgins had to go buy oil for their lamps AFTER they heard the bridegroom was there. They were not ready. When they arrived later they were told he did not know them. They did not get to enter.
We do not know when Jesus will come again. Not even the angels in heaven could tell us exactly when it will happen. When that time does come I do pray that we will all be ready. Let's not be found sleeping when He arrives.

Lord God I thank you for today. I thank you for all that you have done for us. Thank you for your word. Thank you for the parables that you have spoken so that we might better understand your word. Thank you Lord for caring so much that you would come back again. I pray that we would be prepared right now for that time. The time could be three hundred years away but we still need to be ready. Lord call us to do what you would have us do. I pray that we would be found tending your house for you. I pray that we will not be found sleeping. Thank you for your love and for your grace.
Amen

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”