Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

June 14, 2009

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

June 14, 2009

Postby millipede » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 pm

Psalm 100
1 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Believe it or not, my thoughts today are on prayer. And more specifically my thoughts today are on thankfulness.
How often do we run to God when we have problems? How often do we seek answers, and peace, and guidance?
Now, how often do we turn to Him in thankfulness? How often do we praise and thank Him? And beyond that, how often do we thank Him DURING our times of trouble.
There wasn't any specific reason I chose this Psalm today. You can read through pretty much most of the Psalms and get the same attitudes. The writer spends some time talking about the troubles they're facing... but always manages to praise the Lord, throughout it all. And let me tell you, this author has been through some tough situations.
I want to urge everyone to focus on your heart when you pray.
I don't even know how to explain it, but being thankful does wonderful things for YOU. There are many times when I don't even feel like praying I'm so down. But every time I do, I make sure I take some time to thank the Lord for the things that He has done, is doing, and will do. Let me tell you, I end up feeling quite blessed by the time I say amen. I never regret spending time in prayer and I never regret being thankful.
Short message this week... Don't forget to be thankful.
I'd like to encourage all of us to read through the above passage again and again. You can do it, it's a short one. While you read it, try to really feel those emotions. Trust me, you'll enjoy this exercise.
Feeling down? Depressed? Life not looking so good?
Thank the Lord... You might not want to thank Him for any misery you are facing, but look around at all He has done for you. Spend some time thinking upon those things. Spend some time praising God for just how Great He really is. Spend just a little time doing this each day and I promise you it will be a blessing to you. God will bless you.

Dear Lord, thank you so much for today. Thank you for all the things that you have done for me. Thank you for my friends and my family. Thank you for providing for me. Thank you Lord for salvation. Thank you for thinking of me and having a plan for me. Thank you.
Amen.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”