Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

February 8, 2009

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

February 8, 2009

Postby millipede » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Matthew 6:25-34
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Today's thoughts are pretty simple... Don't worry. Easy enough, right?
I'll be honest with you... the reason I'm writing about this today is because this is something I struggle with right now. I'm going through a tough time and I have a LOT of uncertainty ahead of me. It's scary. I worry a lot some days. Where does that worry get me though?
There was one day I was walking up the road and I saw a bird fly away. I thought to myself, life would be so much easier if I was a bird. How I wished that I could be one. Pretty much as soon as I said that, I laughed to myself as I remembered this verse.
Right now I have no job and no transportation. I also have no family close by. Can you imagine me worrying about food? You can bet I have. But just look at what the bible tells us. The birds are well taken care of. They have plenty to eat. Did God love the birds SO much that he sent His son to die for them? I don't think so. So, He does love us more right? So, if He loves us more and He takes care of the birds that well, can't we trust Him to provide for us?
Verse 28 talks about worrying about clothing. I think that most of us don't really worry about whether or not we'll have clothes. The main point of that part is just like the part about the birds. The lilies of the fields are amazing aren't they? God sure made some beautiful stuff. Can't we trust Him to cover us?
Now personally, I'd like to rant a little about how people worry about what kinds of clothes they wear... and all that kind of vanity... but fortunately for you, that is not what this passage is about. :)

I think if you haven't heard the song, you have at least heard this passage where it says to seek first the kingdom of God. It then goes on to say All these things shall be added unto you. Now, that verse by itself one might wonder what "all these things" could mean. Basically, as I read it here, it is telling me that God will provide all the necessities of life. That's something He promised us. We do not need to worry about such things. All we really need to do is seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Then we leave the rest to Him.

These days, the economy is bad and getting worse. There are a lot of things a person could worry about. Does worry ever help you? Certainly not when it comes to these things. Sure it is hard to trust God will provide when things get tough like this... but it is something that He promised you. Trust Him.
Besides... just like the verse says... tomorrow can worry about itself... each day has enough to worry about... looking forward worrying about your future... well, it's just not a good idea.
Stay in today and Trust God has it all under control. :)

Father God I thank you once again for today. I also want to thank you for tomorrow and for your promises that you hold tomorrow in your hands... and that we can trust you, and that you have our best interests at heart. Help us to remain focused on today. Help me Lord to trust you completely.
Amen

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”