Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

Isaiah 40

Share, or browse through some of our members' favorite devotions and bible verses...
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Isaiah 40

Postby millipede » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:27 pm

I love this verse, and this song. Are you feeling tired? Life ever feel tough? God is there to give you the strength you need.

Isaiah 40:27-31
[27] Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?
[28] Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
[29] He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
[30] Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
[31] But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

>>CLICK HERE TO LISTEN<<
(if you listen to this and decide you like it, please save it so you don't have to listen to it from that site over and over, that will save bandwidth, thanks)

VirginiaCowgirl
germinating

Re: Isaiah 40

Postby VirginiaCowgirl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:27 pm

Those verses really are wonderful, especially when you're feeling a little grumpy and tired like I have been of late. :)

judahlion
Hi, I'm new

Postby judahlion » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:29 pm

mmmmm. that was really pretty. the verses sound like the lyrics to Everlasting God by Chris Tomlin

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm only going through some things because I'm cleaning up a mess from some spammers... but, unfortunately that link to the song doesn't work anymore. :/
I'll have to see if I can find the file and maybe put that music to a video of nature or something and post it on youtube. :)

In the meantime... I was looking at the comments and saw the comment about how the verses are especially nice when you're grumpy. Reminds me of this time in college when I was grumpy. Someone had just frustrated me and I had my guitar with me so I went outside the building, sat down, and started playing. I wish I could remember what song it was I was playing but it may have been that one. Whichever it was... I sat and played to comfort myself. A day or two later someone came to me and told me that someone they knew was having a bad day, walked by and hear me playing, and found some peace in it. I LOVE how music can do that sometimes.
I need to rearrange some things in this room so I can find a place for one of my guitars closer by and maybe... just maybe, I'll start playing some again. I have not been playing guitar in quite some time. :/

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Devotions...”